Operations intern UK
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 70+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
Are you interested in transforming a traditional industry upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new and being part of an international & innovative start-up?
🎩 Your Role
We are looking for a high energy, results-driven, team-oriented Operations intern to join our rapidly growing Operations Team in the UK!
In this role, you will have the great challenge of managing a crucial part of our logistics process starting from the pick-up locations of our clients’ art pieces all along to our crating centers, making sure the delivery process goes smoothly in order to make our clients happy.
This role involves planning and organizing the logistics chain, managing our suppliers all over the UK, maintaining close relationships with our crating centers, and keeping an eye on finding new suppliers. It also involves sending quotes and managing clients and updating our database. It is a fast-paced role that fits high energy and agile people who like challenges.
👍 What your team will look like
Your Team: more than 70 people from all over the world to work with you, and around 10 colleagues in the UK office. You will report to the UK Head of Ops.
This is a 6 months paid internship, start date ideally in February or March 2020.
✏️ What you'll do
- Manage incoming customers requests, including quotes & use of our pricing algorithm
- Follow the customers shipments and proactively update them on latest evolutions
- Develop your own customers relationships and guarantee Convelio reactivity and level of service
- Communicate with the different logistics teams (customer service, first mile, last mile, customs…) to fix together thousands of differents issues every day
- Suggest improvements in operational processes within the Operations team
- Manage our current supplier base: van & trucks, crating centers, all around Europe > i.e. make sure their are assign to the right jobs, they perform they mission on time and respect our processes
- Follow each transport with dedicated reports, tools and shared platform
- Bring your contribution to the processes improvements
- Find new suppliers and on-board them
🌍 What we offer
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market
- The nicest and coolest international team spread across 3 offices globally (London, Paris and now NYC!)
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potential
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets
- Improve your skills in supplier management, negotiation and analytics
- Unlimited Remote work (even after Covid-19!)
💪 Your profile
- You are enrolled in a business/engineering school or you are following business oriented studies
- You are positive, curious, self-motivated and hands-on
- You are an excellent learner and have the desire to adapt to new concepts and technologies
- You are detail-oriented, you have strong organizational skills and are disciplined in daily activity planning (ability to manage tightly, over time, a large quantity of information)
- You are OK with multi-tasking and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
- You are perfectly fluent in English, you have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally, you have worked with CRM systems and you have a willingness to learn even more
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with someone from the HR or Operations team
- Video interviews with the Head of UK and someone from the Global Operations team
- Video interview with our Head of HR & one of our founders
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!