Head of HR
Human Resources /
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 70+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
Are you interested in transforming a traditional industry upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new and being part of an international & innovative start-up?
🎩 Your Role
We are seeking a highly-skilled and dynamic Head of HR with outstanding people skills to direct and oversee all HR topics across our 3 countries : France, UK and USA.
Today is a crucial moment and a unique opportunity to join Convelio. We have grown from 25 employees in Oct. 2019 to 70+ today and, with our volumes rising faster every month, we are planning to grow the company even more in the next years. This position will play a very important role in scaling the company.
In your role, you will ensure that our HR processes and initiatives are effective, efficient, and aligned with our overall business objectives. You will become our go-to person for recruiting, onboarding, HR administration, legal disputes, people development, employer branding and job satisfaction.
Finally, Convelio aims at creating a supportive workplace for our team-members to allow them to grow. You will play a key part in upholding our company culture and creating an environment for everyone to thrive in.
👍 What your team will look like
The Team: more than 70 people from all over the world to work with you.
You will report to our founders and manage a team of 3 people: our HR Generalist, our Office Manager, and a Recruiter.
This is a full-time job, based in Paris and our remote policy allows you to work from home as you please.
✏️ What you'll do
- Work on Convelio’s HR admin processes in France & the UK while building them from scratch in the US
- Oversee day-to-day management of the employee’s lifecycle (admin, legal, payroll….) with our HR Generalist & external accountants
- Guarantee compliance with labor law legal obligations (CSE in France, legal documentation, etc.)
- Lead our Recruiting efforts : collaborate with Managers on recruiting needs, adapt strategies according to different jobs, screen and interview candidates
- Launch perks and office life initiatives with our Office Manager
- Build and improve our training plan, performance management process, on/offboarding program, employer branding, etc.
- Work on HR data and introduce HR Analytics to help the company make better decisions using data
- Proactively suggest and launch new relevant HR initiatives and strategic topics
- Act as an advisor to Managers on team management & People issues
- Respond to various HR requests from employees & Managers
- Manage and train the HR team with the permanent goal to develop them
🌍 What we offer
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market
- The nicest and coolest international team spread across 3 offices globally (London, Paris and now NYC!)
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potential
- The opportunity to develop management skills by leading a team of 3 people
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes
- The unique opportunity to manage HR for 3 different countries in one of the world’s fastest growing logistics startups
- A strategic role in a company which is about to scale
- Unlimited Remote work
- A yearly personal learning budget
💪 Your profile
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a startup/scaleup/high growth environment
- You have 2+ years of experience in a Head of HR/HR Director
- You have managed teams of 3+ people
- You have experience in recruitment and a practical knowledge of recruitment strategies
- You are perfectly fluent in English and French, you have strong oral and written communication skills
- You are excellent at prioritizing, delegating and overseeing a multitude of topics
- You are a hardworking, enthusiastic, ambitious, self-motivated and hands-on individual with a strong work ethic
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
- You are a people oriented person with very good interpersonal skills
- You are a pragmatic problem solver and the word “impossible” is not part of your vocabulary
- You are not afraid of leaving your comfort zone and taking on responsibilities
- Experience in managing HR in different countries (UK, US) is a big plus
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with someone from the HR or founders team
- Video interview with our Chief of Staff
- Video interviews with our Co-founders and Heads of departments
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!