Customer Care Team Lead USA
New York /
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 170+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
You want to be part of an international and innovative start-up? Are you interested in transforming a traditional industry upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new?
Your Role 🎩
We are looking for a high energy, results-driven, team-oriented Customer Care Manager to join our rapidly growing Operations Team!
In this role, you will have the great challenge of taking care of a crucial part of our logistics organisation:
Managing our USA customer care operations team and optimizing its processes. Responsibilities of the team include:
-Coordination with other departments to ensure the fast and safe shipments of beautiful artworks across the world.
As manager of one of our operation functions, you will have the responsibility to implement and scale the logistic processes in order to ensure the best quality for our customers. As the New York office is still very new, everything is still to be built and you’ll have a lot of latitude in implementing new and innovative solutions.
It is a fast-paced role that fits high energy and agile people who like challenges. Anticipation, proactivity and management capabilities are key elements in this role.
👍 Your team
The US Customer Care team is four people and growing quickly. It is one part of the larger US Team which is 20+ people and growing as well. You will report to the Head of Operations USA.
✏️ What you will do
- Manage and grow a stellar team of customer care rockstars
- Oversee all operations from the collection of an artwork to its final delivery, ensure that everything goes as planned and that KPIs / SLAs are constantly met
- Develop / refine reports to track daily operations and ensure that all shipments are delivered as per the agreed terms with the clients
- Conduct analyses on margins, transit time, and customer service
- Develop a system of KPIs to assess performance on a quarterly basis
- Take initiatives to develop & enhance processes to offer a seamless experience to our clients
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions and inform key business initiatives, including understanding the key levers to improve the experience and sentiment of our clients
- Present models, findings and insights to management to drive business decisions
- You have 4+ years of relevant work experience (e.g., startups, customer care, logistics, fine art shipping, operations)
- You have previous management experience
- You have previous experience in a client facing role
- You are perfectly fluent in English, any other language is a plus
- You are enthusiastic, ambitious, self-motivated and hands-on
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
- You have strong organizational skills and are disciplined in daily activity planning (ability to manage tightly, over time, a large quantity of information)
- You have excellent analytical (excel) skills and you have a developed decision making mentality & sound business judgment
- You have strong soft skills with a high EQ
- You are comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- You have very strong attention to detail, you have the ability to simplify difficult problems into actionable and solvable tasks
- You know how to cultivate and nurture relationships with your colleagues
- You don’t avoid or look somewhere else when a problem pops up : you take it with you and fix it.
🌍 What we offer
- Unlimited flexibility on remote work: when you want where you want (also after Covid-19!)
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team.
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market.
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and an opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets.
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potential.
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes.
- Improve your skills in the management of client relationships, negotiation, project management, and analytics.
- A great onboarding program to make sure you have everything you need to grow in your role
- Internal virtual and physical events & initiatives: afterwork drinks, remote or physical team buildings, private online art classes…
- 17 days of PTO
- 10 Paid holidays
- Health insurance : up to 100% employer-paid medical in designated plans
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Employee assistance program
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
For more information on the company, check out our careers page on Welcome to the Jungle.
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!
🤝 Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.