Business Development /
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 170+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
🎩 Your Role
We are looking for a high-energy, results-driven, team-oriented Sales Executive to join our Business Development Team!
In this role, you will play a crucial part in Convelio’s growth, by helping us acquire and retain new clients. You will manage the entire conversion funnel for a portfolio of prospects and recent clients.
It is a fast-paced role that fits high energy and agile people who like challenges.
This position is a full-time job, based in Paris, start date asap.
👍 Your team
More than 140 people in all departments from all over the world to work with you!
You will work inside our Business Development team, and report to our Head of Business Development.
Currently, the Business Development Team gathers 20 incredibly talented team members from all around the world, ranging from Partnerships, Growth, Marketing to Sales, and Account Management.
By being one of our first Sales Executives in France, you will have the opportunity to work on many different types of customer-centric initiatives, from Marketing, Customer Support to Business Intelligence, and have plenty of leeways to suggest new ideas, processes, and projects!
✏️ What you'll do
As a Sales Executive, you will:
- Highlight Convelio’s value proposition to raise curiosity and interest, and organize demo and meetings.
- Participate in continuously improving our local go-to-market, and search for new prospecting opportunities.
- Follow new business opportunities until a first order is validated, making sure all new clients are perfectly on-boarded on our product and services.
- Document and analyze all daily activities to drive our sales conversion knowledge and processes efficiency.
- Meet and exceed pipeline as well as revenue quota from your portfolio of prospects and recent clients.
- Validate client’s full onboarding on our products and services, through repeated conversion, and good hand-off of customer relationships with Account Managers.
As a member of the Business Development team, you will:
- Prepare tailored presentation materials and conduct presentations/demos to accelerate acquisition, retention, and revenue.
- Contribute to the sharing and implementation of best practices in Sales and Account Management.
- Understand our vision, logistics solutions, product roadmap, and go-to-market strategy and effectively communicate these to prospects and clients.
- Collaborate with our Account Management, Marketing, Product, and Customer Service teams to identify high-value opportunities for our clients.
- Work closely with the Business team to accelerate the sales cycle through initiatives and side-projects management.
🌍 What we offer
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market.
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and an opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets.
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potential.
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes.
- Improve your skills in the management of customer relationships, negotiation, project management, and analytics.
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team.
- A great onboarding program to make sure you have everything you need to grow in your role
- Flexibility on remote work: when you want where you want (also after Covid-19!).
- Internal virtual and physical events & initiatives: afterwork drinks, private online art classes...
- Great Health insurance with Alan
- Meal vouchers
- A very pleasant office environment to learn and thrive in : bright offices in a nice district in the center of Paris!
- Chair, screen and IT equipment provided if you are located outside of the Île-de-France region and working fully remotely with no access to an office (outside Covid-19 situation)
💪 Your profile
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a Salesperson, Account Executive, or Account Manager, preferably in the art world and in a fast-growing company.
- You are perfectly fluent in English and French, any other language is a plus.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have an impactful presentation style, you know how to pitch a company & product.
- You have strong organizational skills and you are disciplined in daily activity planning & prioritizing.
- You are enthusiastic, ambitious, and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven, and team-oriented environment.
- You are an excellent learner and desire to adapt to new concepts and technologies.
- You are hands-on and you like solving problems.
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with someone from the Business Development, HR or founders Team
- Video interview and case study with our Head of Business Development
- Video Interviews with our Head of HR and our founders
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;)
For more information on the company, check out our careers page on Welcome to the Jungle.
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!
🤝 Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.