Senior Business Development Representative - UK
Business Development /
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 170+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
Are you interested in transforming a traditional industry upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new and being part of an international & innovative start-up?
🎩 Your Role
We are looking for a high energy, results-driven, team-oriented Senior Business Development Representative to join our rapidly growing Sales team to extend our success in the U.K. This Senior BDR will be someone who is interested in learning sales skills and passionate about finding new growth opportunities.
This role involves organising outbound sales campaigns, researching prospects, qualifying each new opportunity, and closing new clients, before sending it to a Sales Executive. It is a fast-paced role that fits high energy, agile, and smart salespeople.
This position is a full-time job, based in London, start date asap.
👍 What your team will look like
- More than 150 people in all departments from all over the world will be working with you!
- You will work inside our Business Development team, and report to our Head of Business Development in the UK.
- Currently, the Business Development Team gathers 30+ incredibly talented team members from all around the world, ranging from Partnerships, Growth, and Marketing to Sales and Account Management.
✏️ What you'll do
- Manage the UK BDR team (1-2 junior people) and build its operating model
- Research relevant sales targets (verticals, customer segments, etc) and gather key lead information, while growing a deep understanding of the business and the conversion cycle of the leads.
- Make outbound prospecting campaigns (via multi-touch points: emails, calls, events, fairs) to identify relevant leads.
- Highlight Convelio’s value proposition to raise curiosity and interest, and organize demo and meetings
- Follow the opportunity until a first order is validated, making sure all new clients are perfectly on-boarded on our product and services.
- Document and analyze all daily activities to drive our sales conversion knowledge and processes efficiency.
- Work closely with the sales team to accelerate the sales cycle through initiatives and side-projects management.
🌍 What we offer
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market.
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and an opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets.
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potential.
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes.
- Improve your skills in the management of customer relationships, negotiation, project management, and analytics.
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team.
- A great onboarding program to make sure you have everything you need to grow in your role
- Flexibility on remote work: when you want where you want (also after Covid-19!).
- Internal virtual and physical events & initiatives: afterwork drinks, private online art classes...
💪 Your profile
- You have a first experience in Business Development or Sales within the startup ecosystem
- You are fluent in English, any other language is a plus
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are result and target-driven
- You are enthusiastic, ambitious, self-motivated and hands-on with a strong work ethic
- You have strong organizational skills and you are disciplined in daily activity planning (ability to manage tightly, over time, a large quantity of information)
- You have good analytical skills
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
- You are an excellent learner and desire to adapt to new concepts and technologies
- Having worked with CRM systems (especially Salesforce) is a plus
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with Talent Acquisition
- Video interviews with multiple members of the sales team
- Video interview and case study with our Head of Business Development
- Video interview with our Head of HR
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;)
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!
🤝 Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.