Backend Developer (NodeJS) (Full remote possible)
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 170+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
🚀 Why Tech & Product at Convelio is fundamental and exciting
Our company is technology-driven and is growing the Product & Tech teams to build new digital solutions for both its clients and its suppliers in the art industry.
We have different great products in constant communication, that are developed to bring the fine-art market to a whole new level.
We are building tech for:
• Art sellers, with our Instant Quoting tool for their shipping - a revolution in a market where shipping is slow, complex and opaque. Also, our API allows art galleries, auction houses and other art sellers to display our shipping prices directly on their website - a way to bring transparency and speed into their processes.
• Art-shippers, to help our suppliers manage their operations easier thanks to data and process automation, gain in efficiency and save time on low added value tasks
• Art-logisticians (us!), to automate most of the logistics chain, improve internal processes for our teams and design an enjoyable working experience...and a lot more!
Shipping is considered as one of the biggest challenges in growing the online art market. We believe technology will provide unmatched customer experience through digital services and optimize operations efficiency through automation of logistics.
⛰️Our main engineering challenges :
• Integrate with major Internet marketplaces’ APIs
• Test new Web technologies
• Explore microservice architecture
• Ensure availability of our services on multiple regions
• Implement DDD and TDD
• Create hybrid mobile applications
👉 What your team will look like
By being part of Convelio, you’ll join a growing and passionate Tech team of 20 people, whose mission is to improve and maintain the Convelio platforms, working hand in hand with the Product team. As a Back-End Developer, you will work in strong collaboration with the members of your multi-disciplinary Squad, our DevOps team, our CTO and our Product Team to iterate on our product, define API requirements, contribute to our core Backend and implement new features.
✏️ What you'll do
- Design and build new performing and scalable features to answer our customer’s evolving needs
- Ensure the robustness of our code and its quality by implementing and improving our testing strategy
- Document new developments using Notion
- Review team members’ code
- Suggest ideas to improve our development standards and processes
- Work and communicate with business teams and external stakeholders on implementing new features
⛏️ Our technical stack includes...
- Languages: NodeJS
- Application Framework: NestJS, React, React Native
- Testing: Jest
- Data Storage: PostgreSQL
- Hosting: Google Cloud Platform
- Tools: Docker, Datadog, Github, SonarQube
- Project management: Product Board, Trello, Notion
🌍 What we Offer
- Developing a new app from scratch to disrupt a traditional market
- Possibility to work remotely as much as you want (also after Covid-19!)
- If you want to come to the office: we do have a very pleasant office environment to learn and thrive in: new bright offices in a nice district in the center of Paris!
- Mac or PC of your choice, it’s up to you!
- We can select the IDE of your choice for you to work with
- A dynamic team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets to learn from
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes and development strategy
- The chance to work in an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company : it’s a key moment to join Convelio in terms of growth and opportunities.
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team
- Healthcare complement with Alan
- Meal vouchers with Swile (6€/worked day, free of charges)
- Regular team buildings even when working remotely (escape games, video games, remote painting initiation, summer/christmas parties...)
🧑🎨 Preferred Experience
- A first post-diploma experience coding in Node.js
- You know and apply best practices daily
- You have a good knowledge in relational databases concepts and SQL
- A knowledge of Google Cloud Platform or any other public cloud is a plus
- You have a good knowledge in designing, building and maintaining APIs
- You like to chat with non-technical people - at Convelio, we are deeply convinced we won’t be able to build a great product without interacting with other teams.
📑 Recruitment process
- First 30 min call interview
- 1 hour interview with our CTO
- Meet the team! (Product & Tech)
- Final step: reference check :)
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!
🤝 Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.