Business Development (local) /
🎨 Who Are We?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 200+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€30 million Series B funding in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity
🎩 Your Role
We are looking for a new Sales Executive to join our Business Development Team!
In this role, you will play a crucial part in Convelio’s growth, by helping us acquire and retain new clients. You will manage the entire conversion funnel for a portfolio of prospects and recent clients.
✏️ What you'll do
- Highlight Convelio’s value proposition to raise curiosity and interest, and organize demo and meetings.
- Participate in continuously improving our local go-to-market, and search for new prospecting opportunities.
- Follow new business opportunities until a first order is validated, making sure all new clients are perfectly on-boarded on our product and services.
- Document and analyze all daily activities to drive our sales conversion knowledge and processes efficiency.
- Meet and exceed pipeline as well as revenue quota from your portfolio of prospects and recent clients.
- Validate client’s full onboarding on our products and services, through repeated conversion, and good hand-off of customer relationships with Account Managers.
🧑🎨 Your profile
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a Salesperson, Account Executive, or Account Manager in a fast-growing company.
- You are perfectly fluent in English and German, any other language is a plus.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have an impactful presentation style, you know how to pitch a company & product.
- You have strong organizational skills and you are disciplined in daily activity planning & prioritizing.
- You are enthusiastic, ambitious, and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven, and team-oriented environment.
- You are an excellent learner and desire to adapt to new concepts and technologies.
- You are hands-on and you like solving problems.
🌍 What we offer
- Experience flexible remote
- Immerse yourself in the arts & culture capital of (enter: New York City, Paris, London) with our central office location.
- Join a diverse team where support is our ethos and growth is our ambition.
- Develop a strong bedrock of logistics and art market knowledge to leverage in your new role through Convelio’s onboarding program.
- Bond with teams over Convelio-sponsored virtual and physical initiatives: art history courses with accredited professors, remote or physical team building events, off-sites, and after work meet-ups...
- Health insurance with Alan
- Meal vouchers with Swile
- Chair, screen and IT equipment provided if you are located outside of the Île-de-France region and working fully remotely with no access to an office
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First video interview with Talent Acquisition Team
- Video interviews with Team Lead Sales
- Business Case
- Video interview with Head of Sales
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
-> Convelio is set on bringing art logistics into the future - and this is impossible to do without thinking about climate change. Launched in June 2021, our sustainability program and commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 13 - to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact is organized to promote positive environmental practices, and align our company with government targets formed on the basis of the Paris Agreement.
Explore more on Climate Care
-> Learn more about Convelio’s plans following our latest fundraising announcement from our founders.
-> Discover our company values
-> Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.