Remote US /
Convergent Research – Convergent Research /
Full Time - Remote
At Convergent Research we launch large-scale, high-impact science projects. We aim to help fill a structural gap in today's R&D system. We enable fundamental research that requires unusual levels of scale and coordination yet is not rapidly monetizable by industry. We’re bringing together top talent from academia, industry, and startups to build a new model for innovative R&D. As an incubator within the Schmidt Futures Network, we identify high-impact scientific or technical research and development opportunities, ultimately defining and launching these projects as Focused Research Organizations.
The operations associate will support the administration and daily operational activities for the Convergent Research team. We are looking for a reliable, organized, and enthusiastic admin who can work in a fast paced environment to help the team run smoothly and efficiently.
- Team player. You are an active listener and great communicator who is flexible and happy to help your teammates at any opportunity!
- Highly organized and good with data. You can prioritize tasks and create Excel spreadsheets and documents with all of the information you’ve collected in a timely manner.
- Detail oriented. You notice the little things. When something is missing, out of place, or wrong, you make sure it gets addressed before it becomes a problem.
- Solution oriented. When you identify an issue - a process isn’t working or something is amiss, you come prepared with possible solutions to fix it.
- Eager to learn. You are open-minded, curious, and enjoy learning new things and new tools! You are the first to volunteer to take on new challenges!
- Tech-savvy. A new project management system is implemented throughout the organization? No problem, you are an early adopter of anything tech. You are a pro (or can easily become a pro) with tools such as Notion, Slack, and Lever.
- A great juggler. Startups move at a fast-pace and you are able to change priorities and handle multiple tasks at once without blinking. Actual juggling is always a plus.
- Support vendor onboarding, collect forms, and documents, make phone calls, send out emails and follow up with internal and external stakeholders.
- Review invoices to ensure accuracy and categorize them in the correct class and accounts.
- Assist with recruiting, updating job descriptions, posting on job boards, and scheduling interviews.
- Prepare and submit expense reports and associated documentation on time each month.
- Manage calendars and light travel.
- Be a keen observer of our internal processes, enthusiastically seek new ways to contribute operationally and suggest improvements to our existing processes.
In three months, you will:
- Take primary responsibility for onboarding new vendors on a weekly basis. You’ll collect W-9 forms, New Vendor Forms, and Bank Verification Letters to submit to billing. Complete and return credit check information and get ACH bank information as necessary.
- Learn how to review invoices to categorize them into classes and accounts.
- Become the primary point of contact of scheduling interviews and managing our applicant tracking system.
- Become one of the individuals your colleagues come to with questions on our operational processes because you have demonstrated your adaptability and quick collection of know-how.
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Generous time off + paid holidays.
- Wellness allowance for fitness and wellness activities.
- Support for fully remote work.
- Frequent opportunities to spend time with colleagues in person.
Convergent Research aims to help fill a structural gap in today's R&D system. We enable fundamental research that requires unusual levels of scale and coordination yet is not rapidly monetizable by industry. We’re bringing together top talent from academia, industry, and startups to build a new model for innovative R&D. As an incubator within the Schmidt Futures Network, we identify high-impact scientific or technical research and development opportunities, ultimately defining and launching these projects as Focused Research Organizations.
Convergent Research, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.