Potentially a great fit for [C]Worthy?
[C]worthy – [C]worthy /
Full Time /
[C]Worthy is a non-profit research organization building the first open-source software and analytics tools designed to enable trustworthy, transparent, science-based quantification of ocean-based carbon removal. We are working to help the growing mCDR industry make safe and effective long-term contributions to climate change mitigation.
The [C]Worthy research and development team blends exceptional software engineering with deep expertise in oceanographic observations, modeling, and data assimilation. [C]Worthy is on the path to becoming a Convergent Research focused research organization. We are located in Boulder, Colorado.
If you are passionate about using your skills to help tackle the climate crisis, think you may be a great fit for [C]Worthy, but don’t see a role which looks tailored to you – we encourage you to apply to our general applicant pool. We routinely review resumes/CVs submitted through this channel.
Some example roles that we are looking to fill in the next year
- Coastal or regional ocean modeler
- Software engineer (scientific, dev-ops, cloud HPC)
- Technical project manager
- Operations manager
- Data scientist/data engineer (stats, ML/AI, etc)
People who will love working at [C]Worthy are
- Excited to be involved in the emerging ocean CDR industry
- Deeply curious and love to learn new things
- Collaborative, helpful, open-minded, and willing to listen to other’s perspectives
- Open to admitting mistakes
- Tenacious and adaptive problem-solvers
- Looking for a chance to enjoy themselves at work!
- Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance
- A wellness benefit
- Paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts for health care or childcare
- A 401(k) retirement fund with matching employer contributions
- [C]Worthy is based in Boulder, Colorado, and seeks to build a strong collaborative team. We prefer that employees spend significant time working together in person in our Boulder office, however approval for remote or hybrid work is possible.
We aim to help fill a structural gap in today's R&D system. We enable fundamental research that requires unusual levels of scale and coordination yet is not rapidly monetizable by industry. We’re bringing together top talent from academia, industry, and startups to build a new model for innovative R&D. As an incubator within the Schmidt Futures Network, we identify high-impact scientific or technical research and development opportunities, ultimately defining and launching these projects as Focused Research Organizations.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law or company policy. We strive for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibit harassment of any kind.