End-User Compute Engineer (Professional Services)
Professional Services /
Conversant Group is an IT infrastructure and security consulting company founded in 2009 and based in Chattanooga, TN. We are the world’s first Civilian Cybersecurity Force, dedicated to defeating cyber terrorists. To do so, Conversant Group is organized into three battalions: Athena7 which provides infrastructure assessment, strategy and remediation, Grypho5 which offers ongoing managed protection, and Fenix24 which provides rapid restoration in case of a cyberattack.
Conversant is the world's first Civilian Cybersecurity Force, dedicated to defeating cyber terrorists. To do so effectively, the firm is organized into three battalions that complement each other's functions to provide wholistic and secure IT infrastructure solutions:
o Fenix24, which provides rapid restoration of IT environments post-cyberattack.
o Athena7, which provides infrastructure assessment, strategy, and remediation recommendations to harden customers' IT environments and reduce further attacks.
o Gryph05, which offers ongoing, subscription-based Managed Services protection to keep clients' freshly remediated environments continuously healthy.
Unlike many in IT, Conversant has the unique perspective that technology is a tool, nothing more. Technology should support the business, and the business should support employees, users, and customers, seamlessly. Toward this objective, Conversant applies its expertise, professional relationships, and unfettered access to company resources to achieve this goal.
About This Position
Conversant is seeking an End-User Computing (EUC) Engineer to join our Professional Services (PS) team. The successful candidate will be a senior-level, motivated self-starter, skilled and passionate about providing high-quality services to our rapidly growing list of demanding clients. In this role, you will:
o Collaborate with peers and work directly with Conversant clients to design, implement, maintain, troubleshoot, tune, and support virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI) and other end-user computing technologies.
o Focus on deployment of endpoint protection technologies and ensure client identity systems are protected and secured.
o Be directly involved in developing and expanding service delivery standards and best practices in this area.
o Work with other members of our Engineering, Sales, and Project Management teams to ensure the ongoing success of infrastructure and security services delivery goals and objectives.
This role will report to the Director of Professional Services and is 100% remote, with periodic requirement to travel to the company headquarters in Chattanooga and / or selected client locations, as necessary and subject to availability. The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the requirements set forth in the following sections.
- Work closely with Project Managers and colleagues on defining task details, timelines, status updates, then co-developing and remaining within scoped delivery parameters.
- Manage project scope definition, validation, deployment of services, and change control procedures to stay within budget and specified timeframes.
- Build & maintain an exhaustive understanding of Conversant Group products & services.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) for the identified technologies listed.
- Attain & maintain applicable vendor technical certifications as well as a high degree of proficiency in the products, software, and services implemented.
- Provide knowledge transfer / solution education to clients for their deployed solutions.
- Collaborate with clients, partners, and vendors to aid in successful and secure deployment of Conversant solutions.
Required Skill Areas
- Knowledge of and demonstrable expertise with the following technologies:
- Print Services — (Must have experience building and troubleshooting print services on PCs & VDI. Bonus: Exposure to / familiarity with PrinterLogic).
- File Services — Must have experience building File Servers, creating shares, setting Share and NTFS permissions and be familiar with DFS File Services.
- Storage Area Networks (SAN) — Must have experience creating and securing volumes and presenting them to VMware.
- Certificate Services — Must have experience deploying standalone Enterprise Certificate Authority as well as Root and Issuing Certificate Authorities, plus the ability to troubleshoot certificate related issues.
- Active Directory — Must be able to create and populate security groups and user accounts as well as be very familiar with creation and configuration of Group Policies (G POs).
- SQL Services — Must have experience building and configuring SQL AlwaysOn Clusters as well as familiarity with configuring SQL Maintenance tasks for backups.
- VMware ESXi — Must be able to install and configure VMware ESXi on bare metal, create and configure datastores, install and configure NVIDIA Grid software on ESXi and Windows VDI masters.
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop — Must have extensive experience installing and configuring Citrix License server, Citrix StoreFront server, Citrix Desktop Delivery Controller, Citrix Director, and Citrix Workspace Environment Manager. Bonus: Citrix XenMobile — (On-premises or Cloud versions)
- Citrix NetScaler — Must have extensive experience installing and configuring Citrix NetScaler load balancing, Citrix Gateway, integration with MFA (e.g. DUO, Microsoft MFA, Okta), Content Switching, GSLB as well as troubleshooting these products.
- Citrix Cloud — Must have extensive experience configuring Citrix Cloud Management with both onpremises and Cloud based infrastructures, like Azure & AWS.
- Citrix ShareFiIe — Must have experience configuring Citrix ShareFile and User Management Tools.
- Windows Imaging — Must have extensive experience installing and configuring Windows desktop operating systems (e.g. Windows 10, Windows 11).
- VDI Profiles — Must have extensive experience installing and configuring VDI profile tools (e.g. FSLogix).
- Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) — Must have experience with deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting of MFA tools, including DUO and Azure MFA using NPS for RADIUS.
Optional Skill Areas
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills in relation to security-related products and services (Cohesity, Veeam, FortiGate, Palo Alto, CrowdStrike, Defender, etc.).
- Experience transcribing complex installation expertise into actionable and repeatable processes & standards.
- Proactive approach to expanding knowledge of Conversant Group's portfolio of products and services offerings.
- Team oriented individual who possesses a positive "can do" attitude and willingness to assist others, as well as sufficient self-awareness to request help when needed.
- Eager and willing to collaboratively share ideas and knowledge with colleagues.
- Able to communicate effectively in any form or medium.
- Able to effectively manage dynamic and often competing priorities.
- Capable of organizing complex technical tasks for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Well informed on Information Technology and Managed Services Best Practices.
- Understanding of practical application of InfoSec principles.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business, Operations, or related field, or equivalent work history.
- 10+ years of Professional Services Support Engineering, Managed Engineering, or Implementation Services Engineering.
- 7+ years of security product experience with implementing and supporting on-premises, hybrid, or cloud-based security solutions that integrate Cisco, Cohesity, CrowdStrike, Fortinet, Microsoft, Palo Alto Networks, and other relevant technologies.
- Experience with service delivery in a Managed Services / Professional Services organization required.
- Working knowledge and understanding of routing / switching technologies required.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft and VMware platforms required.
- Industry Certifications in Cohesity, CrowdStrike, Cisco, Microsoft, Fortinet, Palo Alto, and / or VMware a definite plus.
- Experience working for and within IT for the Legal Industry also a plus.
- Expertise with the following technologies would also be beneficial but not required: NetMotion, CrowdStrike, Fortinet / FortiClient endpoint protection, Defender for 0365, Defender for Identity, Video conferencing within Citrix (Teams, Zoom, Google Meet).
Why work for us?
We offer a dynamic, innovative work environment with rewarding work - help save our clients from disaster!
We truly value our employees and provide an extraordinary package to prove it, including:
Internal and external learning & development opportunities, including career advancement.
Competitive compensation & benefits.
Scheduled & flexible PTO programs.
Fully remote work options.
Family friendly programs
Regular team building events.
Join the world's first Civilian Cybersecurity Force and take your career to the next level!