Managed Firewall Engineer
Conversant Group is an IT infrastructure and security consulting company founded in 2009 and based in Chattanooga, TN. We are the world’s first Civilian Cybersecurity Force, dedicated to defeating cyber terrorists. To do so, Conversant Group is organized into three battalions: Athena7 which provides infrastructure assessment, strategy and remediation, Grypho5 which offers ongoing managed protection, and Fenix24 which provides rapid restoration in case of a cyberattack.
The Managed Firewall III role will be principally responsible for managing and maintaining the operational readiness of Perimeter Defense Solutions. This role will report to the Support Services Manager and is 100% remote.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
· Perform engineering tasks to maintain full operational readiness of firewalls and perimeter defense solutions
· Solve highly complex engineering challenges while utilizing all levels of technical resources
· Install, configure, and audit perimeter defense solutions
· Handle technical incidents and escalations
- Perform engineering tasks in support of perimeter defense services
- Handle client satisfaction escalations and incidents
- Install, configure, and audit perimeter defense platforms and associated applications
- Review and consult on product, solution, and client change control requests
- Understand the client’s end goals and help create a plan to achieve them
- Perform other tasks as needed to support Perimeter Defense Practice Group initiatives
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Demonstrated practical expertise in advanced security management for firewalls
- Communicate effectively in any form or medium
- Manage dynamic and competitive priorities
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)/Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Organize complex technical tasks for multiple clients at once
- Conversant with information technology and managed services best practices
- Cross platform firewall Management (Fortinet, Cisco, and Palo Alto)
- Industry experience with service delivery in a managed services practice organization
- Practical application of InfoSec principles
Why work for us?
We offer a dynamic, innovative work environment with rewarding work - help save our clients from disaster!
We truly value our employees and provide an extraordinary package to prove it, including:
Internal and external learning & development opportunities, including career advancement.
Competitive compensation & benefits.
Scheduled & flexible PTO programs.
Fully remote work options.
Family friendly programs
Regular team building events.
Join the world's first Civilian Cybersecurity Force and take your career to the next level!