Firewall Engineer - Remote
Rapid Betterment /
Conversant Group is an IT infrastructure and security consulting company founded in 2009 and based in Chattanooga, TN. We are the world’s first Civilian Cybersecurity Force, dedicated to defeating cyber terrorists. To do so, Conversant Group is organized into three battalions: Athena7 which provides infrastructure assessment, strategy and remediation, Grypho5 which offers ongoing managed protection, and Fenix24 which provides rapid restoration in case of a cyberattack.
The Rapid Betterment Engineer III role will be principally responsible for the rapid implementation of Conversant Group’s Managed Security Solutions. This role will report to the Director of Rapid Betterment and is 100% Remote with a potential requirement to travel to client locations when necessary and if applicable (subject to availability). An ideal candidate will be able to;  deploy and configure complex technical solutions using our internal specifications, documentation, and best practices, with minimal supervision,  resolve implementation issues with a combination of skills, experience, vendor support, and internal consultations,  maintain an exhaustive understanding of our products and solutions,  create and maintain implementation documentation leveraging Conversant Group’s security standards,  maintain a high degree of proficiency in the products and software to be implemented.
- Implement complex technical security solutions with minimal supervision.
- Resolve implementation-related technical issues.
- Work closely with Project Managers on defining task details, timelines, status updates, and working within project scope.
- Understand project scope definition, validation, and rapid deployment of services.
- Maintain an exhaustive understanding of Conversant Group products & services.
- Maintain select vendor technical certifications.
- Provide client education for deployed solutions.
- Collaborate with clients, partners, and vendors to aid in successful deployment of security solutions.
- Proficient in the Design, Configuration, Implementation and Documentation of Security Solutions, with a strong focus within any technology area of Data Protection, Perimeter Security (Firewalls/IDS/IPS), Identity Management.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills in relation to Security-related Products and Services (Cohesity, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Defender, etc.).
- Experience transcribing complex installations into actionable and repeatable processes and standards.
- Eager to learn and expand knowledge of Conversant Group portfolio of Product and Service offerings in relation to Rapid Betterment Implementations.
- Team oriented individual that possesses a positive “can do” attitude and has a willingness to want to help others, as well as ask for help when necessary.
- Shares Ideas and Knowledge in collaboration with peers.
- Communicates effectively in any form or medium.
- Manage dynamic and competitive priorities.
- Organize complex technical tasks for multiple clients at once.
- Information Technology and Managed Services Best Practices.
- Practical application of InfoSec principles
- 5+ years of Managed Services Support Engineering and/or Implementation Services Engineering.
- 5+ years of Security Product experience Implementing and Supporting On-premise, Hybrid, Cloud based Security Solutions such as Cisco, Cohesity, Fortinet, Microsoft, Palo Alto[WB1] [ME2] .
- Service Delivery in a Managed Services / Professional Services organization desired.
- Working Knowledge and Understanding of Routing / Switching Technologies desired.
- Working Knowledge and Understanding of Microsoft and VMWare platforms desired.
- Industry Certifications in Cohesity, Cisco, Microsoft, Fortinet, Palo Alto, and VMware desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, related field, or equivalent work history.
- Experience working for and within IT for the Legal Industry a plus.
Why work for us?
We offer a dynamic, innovative work environment with rewarding work - help save our clients from disaster!
We truly value our employees and provide an extraordinary package to prove it, including:
Internal and external learning & development opportunities, including career advancement.
Competitive compensation & benefits.
Scheduled & flexible PTO programs.
Fully remote work options.
Family friendly programs
Regular team building events.
Join the world's first Civilian Cybersecurity Force and take your career to the next level!