Conversant Group /
Conversant Group is an IT infrastructure and security consulting company founded in 2009 and based in Chattanooga, TN. We are the world’s first Civilian Cybersecurity Force, dedicated to defeating cyber terrorists. To do so, Conversant Group is organized into three battalions: Athena7 which provides infrastructure assessment, strategy and remediation, Grypho5 which offers ongoing managed protection, and Fenix24 which provides rapid restoration in case of a cyberattack.
Conversant Group is seeking a General Counsel to join the executive leadership team to support the continued rapid growth and geographical expansion of Conversant’s market-leading cybersecurity battalions; Fenix24 (ransomware restoration), Athena7 (cybersecurity assessments and advisory), as well as Grypho5 (managed protection). The General Counsel needs to be an agile, entrepreneurial, team-focused individual, experienced with IT services, venture capital backed corporate governance and a dynamic professional who is comfortable working as an individual contributor, as well as building high-performing teams as growth continues.
The General Counsel will be the primary point of contact and owner of all things legal within Conversant Group and our battalions including; supporting vendor and client contracting, building a legal/compliance framework as Conversant Group grows globally with our different battalions, and helping manage the legal/corporate governance structures with outside investors and Board of Directors.
- Comprehensive general legal services including corporate governance, IP protection, complex contract review, risk management, drafting and preparing all legal documents, employee management, and evaluating external risk factors regarding business and operational decisions.
- Management of data privacy and governance obligations, CFIUS considerations and managed services delivery in North America, Europe, and globally.
- Work closely with each Battalion and product team to understand relevant IT services and cybersecurity risks and requirements during strategy development, service/product launches, and business scaling.
- Advise senior leadership on changes in cybersecurity and data privacy regulations, legislation, reporting requirements and industry relevant frameworks including GDPR, SOC2, HIPAA and (EU STUFF).
- Collaborate and support stakeholders throughout the Conversant Group battalions including Sales, Incident Response, Advisory, and Managed Services in working with the broader legal community including breach coaches and data privacy attorneys.
- Help build repeatable legal processes and efficient models to support and accelerate client acquisition, channel partnerships, and geographical growth.
- Manage compliance and reporting requirements throughout the Conversant Group battalions including investors/boards, customers/vendors, and regulatory bodies.
- 10+ years of legal experience, with at least 5 years in-house experience in an IT Services, SaaS, cloud computing, enterprise software, or big data based environments.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with commercial transactions including but not limited to: negotiating complex technology-related/SaaS agreements, software licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, Intellectual Property, etc.
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity compliance standards broadly and managed backups specifically both domestically and internationally (particularly in Europe).
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing your own drafting or other legal work, as well as managing outside legal advisors when appropriate.
- Highly organized entrepreneurial leadership combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- International business experience, particularly EU exposure.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Commitment to Conversant Group’s Good Samaritan values, Securitas Summa perspective, and willingness to push the boundaries through the delivery of innovative cybersecurity services and solutions.
Why work for us?
We offer a dynamic, innovative work environment with rewarding work - help save our clients from disaster!
We truly value our employees and provide an extraordinary package to prove it, including:
Internal and external learning & development opportunities, including career advancement.
Competitive compensation & benefits.
Scheduled & flexible PTO programs.
Fully remote work options.
Family friendly programs
Regular team building events.
Join the world's first Civilian Cybersecurity Force and take your career to the next level!