Managed Backup Engineer
Remote PST time zone
Conversant Group is an IT infrastructure and security consulting company founded in 2009 and based in Chattanooga, TN. We are the world’s first Civilian Cybersecurity Force, dedicated to defeating cyber terrorists. To do so, Conversant Group is organized into three battalions: Athena7 which provides infrastructure assessment, strategy and remediation, Grypho5 which offers ongoing managed protection, and Fenix24 which provides rapid restoration in case of a cyberattack.
About the position:
The Managed Backup III role will be principally responsible for managing and maintaining the operational readiness of backup and disaster recovery solutions. This role will report to the Support Services Manager and is 100% remote.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
· Perform engineering tasks to maintain full operational readiness of backup disaster and recovery solutions
· Handle client incidents and escalations
· Install, configure, and audit backup data protection solutions
- Perform engineering tasks in support of data protection services
· Handle client satisfaction escalations and incidents
· Install, configure, and audit data protection platforms and applications
· Review and consult on product, solution, and client change control requests
· Understand the client’s end goals and help create a plan to achieve them
· Perform other tasks as needed to support Data Protection Practice Group initiatives
· Participate in an on-call rotation
· Demonstrated practical expertise in backup and disaster recovery
· Communicate effectively in any form or medium
· Manage dynamic and competitive priorities
· Organize complex technical tasks for multiple clients at once
· Knowledge of information technology and managed services best practices
· Experience with service delivery in a managed services practice organization
· Server, network, storage, and or security support experience
· Practical application of InfoSec principles
· 3-5 years of backup and disaster recovery experience
· Bachelor’s degree in information technology, related field, or equivalent work history
· Cohesity, Druva, and HPE Storage experience highly desired
· Industry certifications in Microsoft, Cohesity, and VMware desired
· Experience working for and within IT for the legal industry
· Experience in large scale service delivery
Why work for us?
We offer a dynamic, innovative work environment with rewarding work - help save our clients from disaster!
We truly value our employees and provide an extraordinary package to prove it, including:
Internal and external learning & development opportunities, including career advancement.
Competitive compensation & benefits.
Scheduled & flexible PTO programs.
Fully remote work options.
Family friendly programs
Regular team building events.
Join the world's first Civilian Cybersecurity Force and take your career to the next level!