Conversant Group /
Conversant Group is an IT infrastructure and security consulting company founded in 2009 and based in Chattanooga, TN. We are the world’s first Civilian Cybersecurity Force, dedicated to defeating cyber terrorists. To do so, Conversant Group is organized into three battalions: Athena7 which provides infrastructure assessment, strategy and remediation, Grypho5 which offers ongoing managed protection, and Fenix24 which provides rapid restoration in case of a cyberattack.
- Provide essential support to the finance team in managing monthly close and other general ledger accounting processes.
- Focus on areas such as revenue recognition, AR management, annual audit support, treasury management reporting, month-end reconciliations, and balance sheet reconciliation reviews.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining accounting controls and procedures for the company and its subsidiaries.
- Manage daily operations related to intercompany transactions and promptly address issues and inquiries from stakeholders.
- Stay updated on acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Contribute to finance initiatives and engage in special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required; CPA license preferred.
- Prior experience in a Technology or Professional Services company.
- Over 5 years of professional accounting experience, with a minimum of 3 years in public accounting.
- Exceptional computer skills, including proficiency in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, and various accounting packages.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven commitment to personal and professional growth in financial accounting, cost accounting and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality within the finance team's circle of trust.
- Proven ability to build relationships across all levels of the company.
- Critical role in the monthly close, ensuring ownership over assigned areas and meeting all financial reporting deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of journal entries, general ledger reconciliation, monthly accruals, and maintenance of supporting and lead schedules.
Why work for us?
We offer a dynamic, innovative work environment with rewarding work - help save our clients from disaster!
We truly value our employees and provide an extraordinary package to prove it, including:
Internal and external learning & development opportunities, including career advancement.
Competitive compensation & benefits.
Scheduled & flexible PTO programs.
Fully remote work options.
Family friendly programs
Regular team building events.
Join the world's first Civilian Cybersecurity Force and take your career to the next level!