Sales Engineer - Remote
Sales Support /
Conversant Group is an IT infrastructure and security consulting company founded in 2009 and based in Chattanooga, TN. We are the world’s first Civilian Cybersecurity Force, dedicated to defeating cyber terrorists. To do so, Conversant Group is organized into three battalions: Athena7 which provides infrastructure assessment, strategy and remediation, Grypho5 which offers ongoing managed protection, and Fenix24 which provides rapid restoration in case of a cyberattack.
As a hands on Sales Engineer, you will engage in pre-sales activities to evangelize, position, and architect solutions for our clients using Conversant Group’s secure-first designs and configurations of hardware, software, and services. You will also engage in post-sales activities to work alongside our implementation and managed services teams to ensure successful delivery of our secure solutions to clients.
- Act as technical expert and consultant to develop and propose solutions that meet the technology and business requirements for the client.
- Work with sales team members to help manage, support, and prioritize sales opportunities.
- Lead in the discovery, analysis, design, demonstration, and refinement of fully integrated, secure technology solutions.
- Host pre-sales discovery and design calls with prospects, including C-level executives.
- Join post-sales technical implementation calls with clients and Conversant Group’s delivery teams.
- Write technical and functional specifications to match client requirements, including statements of work (SOWs) and letters of engagement (LOEs).
- Work with sales team members, as well as external vendors, to build and review bills of materials (BOMs) for solutions being designed and sold.
- Work with engineering team members to estimate level of efforts to implement and secure solutions for clients.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on solutions and competitive offerings in the modern data center (HPE, Cisco, Pure Storage, etc.).
- Work closely with PMO and Implementation teams to communicate the vision and ensure successful delivery of designed solutions to the client.
- Minimum of 5 years and extensive knowledge and experience architecting, designing, and building modern datacenter infrastructure in highly secure configurations.
- Expert level knowledge in enterprise server infrastructure including HPE, Cisco, and Dell, as well as enterprise storage including HPE and Pure.
- Working knowledge preferred in Cohesity, Cisco/Meraki Networking, Fortinet, Azure, VDI, and EDR Solutions.
- Current understanding of best practices regarding infrastructure security.
- Work Experience: 5+ years of experience as a consultative Sales/Solutions Engineer.
- Experience building BOMs, SOWs, and LOEs to support a designed solution.
- Experience in a startup company/culture is highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
Why work for us?
We offer a dynamic, innovative work environment with rewarding work - help save our clients from disaster!
We truly value our employees and provide an extraordinary package to prove it, including:
Internal and external learning & development opportunities, including career advancement.
Competitive compensation & benefits.
Scheduled & flexible PTO programs.
Fully remote work options.
Family friendly programs
Regular team building events.
Join the world's first Civilian Cybersecurity Force and take your career to the next level!