Conversant Group is an IT infrastructure and security consulting company founded in 2009 and based in Chattanooga, TN. We are the world’s first Civilian Cybersecurity Force, dedicated to defeating cyber terrorists. To do so, Conversant Group is organized into three battalions: Athena7 which provides infrastructure assessment, strategy and remediation, Grypho5 which offers ongoing managed protection, and Fenix24 which provides rapid restoration in case of a cyberattack.
The Technical Writer role is principally responsible for writing, copyediting, and maintaining Grypho5’s various publications and documentation for both internal and external audiences. Documentation will include, policy, process, procedure, operational guides, white papers, use cases, templates, reference materials, etc. This role reports to the Process & Knowledge Manager and is 100% remote. An ideal candidate will be able to:
· Copyedit with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
· Maintain strict adherence to writing guidelines and standards
· Collaborate with all levels of technical resources
· Manage complex writing projects with minimal oversight
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding format, order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Interview production and engineering personnel to become familiar with Grypho5’s entire product portfolio.
- Perform research to become conversant with new products and services as they are developed.
- Confer with organizational leaders and subject matter experts to determine subject material, processes, parameters, and content for specific writing projects.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methodology.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedures, and Grypho5’s standards into writing material.
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to accurately illustrate documents as appropriate.
- Required to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Work independently and as an integral part of a cross-functional team.
- Experience in service delivery for a managed services practice organization.
- Including knowledge of IT and managed services best practices.
- Able to quickly learn new concepts, tools, technology, and software.
- An understanding of information security practices for safeguarding classified documentation in a secure environment.
- Expert level working knowledge of MS Office.
- Including a working knowledge of Visio and SharePoint.
- Ability to build relationships with diverse audiences.
- Effective communication in any form or medium.
- Be able to work with dynamic and competitive priorities.
- Be able to organize complex technical tasks for multiple projects at once.
- 3-5 years of technical writing experience, preferably in IT service delivery or IT management.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, technical writing, a related field, or equivalent work history.
- Industry certification in Microsoft Office or MS SharePoint desired.
- Experience in large scale service delivery.
Why work for us?
We offer a dynamic, innovative work environment with rewarding work - help save our clients from disaster!
We truly value our employees and provide an extraordinary package to prove it, including:
Internal and external learning & development opportunities, including career advancement.
Competitive compensation & benefits.
Scheduled & flexible PTO programs.
Fully remote work options.
Family friendly programs
Regular team building events.
Join the world's first Civilian Cybersecurity Force and take your career to the next level!