Systems Engineer (Ransomware Response)
Conversant Group is an IT infrastructure and security consulting company founded in 2009 and based in Chattanooga, TN. We are the world’s first Civilian Cybersecurity Force, dedicated to defeating cyber terrorists. To do so, Conversant Group is organized into three battalions: Athena7 which provides infrastructure assessment, strategy and remediation, Grypho5 which offers ongoing managed protection, and Fenix24 which provides rapid restoration in case of a cyberattack.
Fenix24 is seeking highly motivated TECHNICAL leaders and engineers who can provide ongoing incident response and disaster recovery support and service to our growing list of clients. In this role, you work directly with clients to respond to security incidents that require the restoration of services including, security applications, systems, and services, in addition to traditional IT systems and services. You will be involved in assisting forensics teams capture applicable evidence of unauthorized access to computing systems using current acceptable practices. You will work with other members of our engineering, sales, and project management teams to ensure our team meets the clients’ goals and objectives of full restoration of infrastructure and security services.
- Installation, maintenance, and configuration of virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere/ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V).
- Installation, maintenance, and configuration of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Server 2012/2016/2019, Windows 7/10).
- Troubleshooting & Restoration of windows domain services including but not limited to: FSMO Roles, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP and DFSR.
- Experience with enterprise networking equipment (Fortinet, Cisco, Meraki, Sonicwall, Palo Alto, etc.)
- Installation & configuration of backup software, including Veeam, Datto, Unitrends, Acronis, etc.
- Restoring & Troubleshooting email infrastructure, including versions of Microsoft Exchange (2013, 2016, 2019)
- Installation and configuration of SAN and server technologies (Cisco UCS, Dell PowerEdge, HPE ProLiant, Nimble, etc.).
- Restoration and operation of Cloud Infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, etc.
- Restoration, installation and operation of Two-Factor and Multi-Factor services such as Okta, DUO, Microsoft Authentication, Ping, RSA, etc.
- Restoration and operation of remote gateway solutions such as Citrix, VMWare Horizon, F5, etc.
- Restoration of endpoint applications and security controls (VPN infrastructure and clients, EDR/XDR Applications e.g. Crowdstrike, FortiEDR).
- Understanding of incident response tools & image collections a plus. Full Imaging solutions and triage tools.
- Other duties as required.
5+ Years of relevant IT infrastructure engineering experience
3+ years installing and restoring endpoint security tools.
3+ years experience with perimeter security firewalls.
3+ years installing, operating and restoring Microsoft Exchange and Office 365.
3+ years installing, operating and restoring Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
3+ years installing, operating and restoring Microsoft Windows workstation operating systems.
Previous experience on a Managed Services team is a plus!
Previous experience with Incident Response and Disaster Recovery a PLUS!
Excellent analytical, organization, and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, train, evaluate and direct work of less experienced staff.
Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, including strong relationship building skills.
Ability to form relationships across all levels of the company while modeling Conversant’s culture and values.
Bachelors or Associate degree in Information Technology, Business, Operations, or relevant field experience strongly preferred.
Why work for us?
We offer a dynamic, innovative work environment with rewarding work - help save our clients from disaster!
We truly value our employees and provide an extraordinary package to prove it, including:
Internal and external learning & development opportunities, including career advancement.
Competitive compensation & benefits.
Scheduled & flexible PTO programs.
Fully remote work options.
Family friendly programs
Regular team building events.
Join the world's first Civilian Cybersecurity Force and take your career to the next level!