Firewall Engineer - Remote
Managed Services /
Conversant Group is an IT infrastructure and security consulting company founded in 2009 and based in Chattanooga, TN. We are the world’s first Civilian Cybersecurity Force, dedicated to defeating cyber terrorists. To do so, Conversant Group is organized into three battalions: Athena7 which provides infrastructure assessment, strategy and remediation, Grypho5 which offers ongoing managed protection, and Fenix24 which provides rapid restoration in case of a cyberattack.
The Firewall Engineer role will be principally responsible for managing and maintaining the operational readiness of Perimeter Defense Solutions. This role will report to the Director of Managed Services. An ideal candidate will be able to;  perform engineering tasks to maintain full operational readiness of Firewalls & Perimeter Defense Solutions,  handle client incidents and escalations, and  install, configure, and audit Perimeter Defense Solutions.
- Perform Engineering Tasks in Support of Perimeter Defense Services
- Handle Client Satisfaction Escalations & Incidents
- Install, Configure, and Audit Perimeter Defense Platforms & Applications
- Review & Consult on Product, Solution, and Client Change Control Requests
- Understand the clients’ end goals and help create a plan to achieve them
- Perform other tasks as needed to support Perimeter Defense Practice Group Initiatives
- Demonstrated Practical Expertise in Advanced Security Management for Firewalls
- Communicate effectively in any form or medium
- Manage dynamic and competitive priorities
- Organize complex technical tasks for multiple clients at once
- Information Technology and Managed Services Best Practices
- Service Delivery in a Managed Services Practice organization
- Endpoint Management & Security Support experience
- Practical application of InfoSec principles
- 3-5 years of Firewalls and Perimeter Defense Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, related field, or equivalent work history
- Cross Platform Firewall Management (Fortinet, Cisco, and Palo Alto) is Highly Desired
- Industry Certifications in Fortinet, Palo Alto, or Cisco desired
- Experience working for and within IT for the Legal Industry
Why work for us?
We offer a dynamic, innovative work environment with rewarding work - help save our clients from disaster!
We truly value our employees and provide an extraordinary package to prove it, including:
Internal and external learning & development opportunities, including career advancement.
Competitive compensation & benefits.
Scheduled & flexible PTO programs.
Fully remote work options.
Family friendly programs
Regular team building events.
Join the world's first Civilian Cybersecurity Force and take your career to the next level!