VP of Professional Services - Remote
Professional Services /
Conversant Group is an IT infrastructure and security consulting company founded in 2009 and based in Chattanooga, TN. We are the world’s first Civilian Cybersecurity Force, dedicated to defeating cyber terrorists. To do so, Conversant Group is organized into three battalions: Athena7 which provides infrastructure assessment, strategy and remediation, Grypho5 which offers ongoing managed protection, and Fenix24 which provides rapid restoration in case of a cyberattack.
The VP of Professional Services is responsible for overall direction and development of the rapidly growing Professional Services team (non-recurring remediation) within Conversant Group. As VP of Professional Services, you will oversee the delivery of client-facing remediation projects, the development of scalable processes and services and be the focal point of day-to-day operations of the growing team.
We are a highly technical organization, and you must have both a deep technical acumen as well as experience leading the delivery of complicated information technology consulting projects (not only internal to one organization). Our passion and thought leadership with the delivery of Secure First solutions has led to exclusive partnerships with companies like Palo Alto and Crowdstrike, leadership of the legal industry wide cybersecurity benchmarking survey, and an innovative approach to delivering secure first infrastructure and remediation projects.
- Take ownership and guide the Professional Services organization including project management, labor scoping, and delivering white glove customer service
- Partner with leaders across the organization to plan and coordinate efforts for new or modified initiatives related to the Professional Services team.
- Incorporate Conversant Group’s “secure-first” solutions and best-practices into templates, standards, and processes.
- Oversee the creation of SOWs and establish timely roadmaps for technical deployments
- Establish expectations for the team’s performance to ensure increased customer satisfaction, profitability, productivity, and opportunities for further growth in the market.
- Collaborate with C-suite executives, Sales, PMO, and Managed Services to ensure success of Professional Services projects, from scoping exercises through service delivery.
- Provide and action recommendations for process improvements and best practices.
- Participate in special Conversant projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years leading and managing a team of professional consultants and IT engineers (not only internal but in a service delivery organization)
- Professional background in consulting followed by managed services. Experience running a consulting division of a mid-sized IT services company would be a plus.
- Proven history of delivering exceptional customer service and operational excellence with a customer-centric mindset.
- High level negotiation skills and ability to build consensus.
- Well-versed professional experience in requirements and gap analysis; project scoping; and effort estimation.
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results with direct reports and stakeholders.
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong business and technical acumen and a deep understanding of the inner workings of a SaaS organization.
- Ability to influence and communicate cross-departmentally.
- Experience technically leading IT projects is a must.
- Consider yourself as a TECH LEADER
Why work for us?
We offer a dynamic, innovative work environment with rewarding work - help save our clients from disaster!
We truly value our employees and provide an extraordinary package to prove it, including:
Internal and external learning & development opportunities, including career advancement.
Competitive compensation & benefits.
Scheduled & flexible PTO programs.
Fully remote work options.
Family friendly programs
Regular team building events.
Join the world's first Civilian Cybersecurity Force and take your career to the next level!