UI Lead - Senior Software Engineer
United States, Remote /
Engineering and Product Development /
Conversica is the leading provider of Conversation Automation solutions, with billions of human interactions spanning more than a decade. Our Revenue Digital Assistants (RDAs) supercharge workforces for growth. They enable marketing, sales, and customer success teams to acquire untapped revenue through perfectly structured conversations. Unlike chatbots, they are powerfully human and can hold meaningful conversations at every touchpoint. Conversica RDAs are used by leaders nationwide to get the conversation going and build a Growth Workforce.
Winning multiple awards including Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies and recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, Conversica is a portfolio company of Providence Equity, Kennet Partners and Toba Capital and is headquartered in San Mateo, California in Silicon Valley with additional US offices in Seattle and Bellingham, Washington.
We are looking for a Lead UI Senior Software Engineer to join our team! This role will directly contribute to the innovative solutions we are building. You will interact with product and service teams to identify opportunities, discuss solutions, and take ownership for the full software lifecycle from idea to production and iterating thereafter.
This is a US based remote position with preference in Pacific or Mountain Time Zones.
- Develop new, and enhance existing, user experiences across the portfolio of Conversica SaaS offerings
- Deploy and maintain your services in Production; learn from real-world data and devise plans to improve the customer experience of our applications
- Lead and mentor software engineers on the team; be a positive multiplier to team performance
- Enhance and champion our UI architecture technology strategy across our systems
- As a senior engineer, solve complex problems that serve major parts of our business
- Lead technical design sessions and participate with other senior engineers and architects to ensure a robust and resilient operating posture for our offerings
- Partner closely with UX Design, Customer Success, and Product Management as a strategic part of our product development engine
- Enhance our UI component library; drive UI standards and automated testing
- Perform code reviews as well as subject your code to reviews
- Craft technical approach documents for UI architecture and front-end methodologies
- Apply yourself to continuous learning and experimentation to strengthen your skill set
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 7+ years professional hands-on software development experience building web-based UIs for end users
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns
- Strong skills surrounding the user experience. Eye for design and attention to detail
- Experience constructing UIs that present complex technical concepts to non-technical users
- Experience with agile SaaS and DevOps methodologies including CI/CD, automation, and leveraged use of open-source software
- Familiarity visualizing and interacting with internal and third-party APIs
- Develop according to privacy by design and security by design principles
- Ability to identify privacy and security workflow non-functional requirements and escalate any potential security or privacy design questions to Conversica’s Architectural and Security teams during the design phase. The candidate will be expected to develop according to Conversica’s SDLC, Secure Development Policy, Architectural standards, and Security Requirements.
- General understanding of U.S. and international privacy laws and regulations, especially as it relates to database access and design (Applicable Conversica Regulations - GDPR, CCPA, CAN-SPAM, and COPPA). General understanding of applicable security frameworks (AWS CIS Benchmark, SOC 2, ISO 27001, HIPPA, PCI-DSS)
- Bring a growth mindset, customer orientation, and a bias for automation
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $150,000/year to $200,000/year. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Conversica offers comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits, flex time PTO, 401k plus company match, and equity. Further details can be provided upon request.
Conversica is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Conversica does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Conversica.