Director, Business Operations
Business Ops & Sales Strategy
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
Convoy is looking for an accomplished operations leader to manage Business Operations across our entire Demand organization in an effort to accelerate growth. In this highly-visible role, you’ll be responsible for leading, managing, and reporting on internal projects that drive scale and working closely with internal partners across both sides of the marketplace. The ideal candidate will be an expert communicator, have experience gathering and quantifying project and program requirements, leading cross-functional programs, and adept at analyzing data to make informed decisions. Working alongside the Director of Sales Strategy, this role will play a pivotal part in growing Convoy into a multi-billion dollar business.
- Develop and scale foundational infrastructure, tools and processes to operate Demand and Convoy - customer on-boarding, cross-functional tools, market research, etc.
- Manage rhythm of the business i.e. drive increased visibility for our leadership team into business performance and opportunities for growth
- Support annual and quarterly strategic planning process. Facilitate org-wide strategic planning to set priorities and OKR’s
- Define, launch and execute strategic demand initiatives
- Influence cross-functional stakeholders on goals, process design / hand-offs and decision making
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and standardization
- Define metrics in ambiguous environments and hold teams accountable for outcomes
- Build best-in-class business operations team that specializes in solving ambiguous, cross-functional programs
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS with 7-10 years of experience with a focus on business operations or management consulting
- Experience building and scaling large-scale strategic and cross-functional programs from the ground-up
- Experience with developing and deploying organizational strategies and goals
- Desire to work in fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Ability to effectively advise senior leadership.
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals.
- Strong ownership, bias for action, and willingness to roll-up your sleeves.
- Built and scaled high-functioning teams; great coach and mentor to the team
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!