Program Manager, Operational Carrier Experience
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves. The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half. This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
- You are a strong programmatic leader eager to make a big impact! You thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, and are excited to help Convoy deliver best-in-class service as efficiently as possible. In this role, you will own your domain end-to-end, collaborating with teams across the company to define optimal carrier experience, build a strategy to deliver it, and achieve your goals If you want to think big about optimizing operations, are passionate about customer experience, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is a role for you.
- Identify the biggest pain points in carrier experience, then develop and own the plan to address them
- Partner with Data Science to define, build, and track metrics that measure carrier experience
- Partner with Operations to develop and implement process improvements that improve carrier interactions with our operations teams
- Design and execute experiments to test new operational processes and best practices
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Design to drive a hassle-free carrier experience, building in-app experiences that relieve pain points and get carriers the information they need faster
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in operations, industrial engineering, finance, business administration, or other quantitative field
- 5+ years professional experience in tech, operations, logistics, manufacturing, or similar fields
- Experience leading large programs from design through implementation
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically in unstructured problem space
- Strong analytical skills and experience using relevant tools (SQL, Excel and/or similar)
- High emotional intelligence and exceptional communication skills with the ability to empathize, collaborate, and partner with a diverse set of stakeholders including shippers, carriers, and teams across all of Convoy
- Experience in identifying and rectifying root causes associated with complex operational problems. Experience with lean processes or process design is strongly preferred
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!