Program Manager, Strategy & Planning
Seattle, Washington /
Marketplace Growth /
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century’s leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
As a Program Manager for the Strategy & Planning team, you will be responsible for managing programs that define our network strategy and accelerate Convoy’s shipment growth. You will also be responsible for creating the framework to operationalize company strategy including forecasting and planning across the organization by navigating business constraints. These frameworks and forecasts will be the source of truth, used across Convoy by Finance, Demand, Supply & Operations to plan volume growth, headcount, and budget.
- Strategy: You are able to develop, own and drive programs that are a part of the larger strategic vision for Convoy. Working in ambiguity is your strength!
- Fluency with data: You love working with numbers and can draw insights and actions from them. You bias towards using data to persuade and influence!
- Just do it attitude: You have strong operational mindedness and and have an ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. You will get it done!
- Communications: You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You clearly communicate goals, issues, and status to all stakeholders and partners
- Judgment: You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively. You are decisive and can make educated guesses with a strong sense of urgency.
- Influence: You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities. You minimize redundancy!
Required skills and qualifications:
- 5-10 years of experience at a top tier consulting firm, tech company, fortune 500, or logistics. Program management, or operations management experience
- Experience with driving a project from inception to completion through all stages of the life cycle.
- Superior organizational and time management skills; Ability to prioritize workload, manage multiple projects, tasks and stakeholders, and manage upwards.
- Comfortable with intermediate data analytical skills (SQL, Excel and/or similar)
- Nice-to-haves: Technical background (degree in economics, math, engineering etc)
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!