Head of Product Management, Optimization Programs
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
What we're looking for:
Eliminating waste in the trucking industry is one of the highest priority elements in Convoy’s strategy. As the owner of the roadmap for Convoy’s optimization programs, you will own ideation and delivery on the roadmap of our programs for reducing wasted hours and miles in the trucking industry. Across a variety of programs, Convoy is working to reduce 40% of wasted time and miles involved in carrying freight, and this highly strategic role will determine the carrier experience, algorithms
You will have ownership of the following:
- The overall strategy and technology stack that Convoy uses for our Optimization programs.
- Leading a team of engineers and data scientists in researching and delivering products that reduce waste in how Carrier’s operate.
- The experiences and workflows our carriers use to improve their efficiency and reduce waste.
- Solicit and prioritize the needs of our other product teams to increase the flexibility of the platform to their unique needs of methods and models.
- Optimization & Insights: You will work with data scientists to deeply understand our marketplace and how both Shippers and Carriers respond to the incentives we create.
You have the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or other quantitative field.
- High degree of statistical literacy and ability to think quantitatively
- 4+ years of proven success in Product Management.
- Experience working with technical teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in experimental design strongly preferred.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative recruiter who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. in our Seattle HQ.