Senior Manager, Process Design & Improvement
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You are a strong programmatic lead and senior people manager, eager to build a process improvement team from the ground up. In partnership with Operations and Product, you will be responsible for improving efficiency across our teams. You are a leader in your field, with expertise in a variety of continuous improvement methods, a strong analytical toolset, and experience working cross-functionally to solve problems with product and process changes. You thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, and are excited to help Convoy deliver best-in-class service as efficiently as possible. If you want to think big about optimizing operations, are passionate about data, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is the role for you!
- Leadership - Build and lead a process improvement team of program managers, business analysts, and process engineers.
- Strategy - Define and execute a strategy to reduce costs while delivering best-in-class service to shippers and carriers.
- Program management - Work cross-functionally to identify the biggest opportunities to reduce costs, root cause problems, identify data and forecasting needs, and implement product or process changes to fix them. Partner with other leaders to drive a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Functional expertise - Provide functional leadership in a variety of process improvement and development techniques, program management, operational excellence, statistical tools, and problem solving.
- Metrics & Experimentation - You will define the metrics that will drive success and will be required to design and measure effective experiments.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Industrial Engineering, Operations, Business Administration or other quantitative field.
- 7+ years of experience in a process improvement role
- Experience building and scaling strategic and cross-functional teams from the ground up
- Expertise in a variety of process design and improvement techniques, including Lean and Six Sigma.
- Strong analytical skills – good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics; exceptional Excel skills; proficiency in SQL and some statistical tools strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Superior organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Preference for experience in operations or startup environment
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!