Research Scientist (All Levels)
Seattle, Washington /
Data Science /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
- Leverage machine learning and optimization to automate and improve decision making in our core problem areas
- Develop and deploy new solutions and improving existing machine learning models (including deep learning, reinforcement learning and tree based methods)
- Design and implement scalable automated decisioning systems
- Lead research initiatives to drive actionable learnings and ultimately impact for Convoy
- Work on systems that automate our dynamic freight marketplace
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of 2-7+ years of experience developing machine learning solutions
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math/OR, Engineering, or related quantitative field.
- Experience using Python and SQL for deploying and maintaining models in production
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning toolkits and frameworks
- Ability to frame business problems as automated decision solutions
- Intelligent but practical; you want to get things done and love simplicity
- You’re humble, effective, and biased toward action and learning
Nice to haves:
- Experience with two-sided marketplaces (platforms), financial markets and economic theory or driving operational or product improvements through automated decision making
- Experience developing mature models and doing the tough research work to unlock value
- Experience with Big Data Tools
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!