Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
You are an experienced HR Business Partner (HRBP) who is eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup to help build out our HR function. You have had experience in all facets of HR. You thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment, have passion for building and refining processes and practices, are strong in influencing and mentoring others and build strong relationships with leaders and employees. We need an HR thought leader who can balance the need to be a Strategic business partner along with a roll up your sleeves attitude. This leader will work with leadership teams and can provide strategic counsel in the areas of organizational design, leadership and manager development, and talent management. As a senior member of the HRBP team, you'll bring the experience, enthusiasm and attitude necessary to get the job done.
- Be a trusted advisor and strategic partner for one or more of Convoy's teams; working closely with senior leadership to develop plans and deliver solutions to help them align talent strategy with strategic business goals
- Participate in leadership meetings to diagnose and solve talent and organization problems
- Design and execute core HR processes targeted to your designated business areas: performance management, career ladders, employee relations, recognition and rewards, onboarding, offboarding, and people programs
- Ensure the delivery of industry leading HR solutions as the business scales
- Create and drive effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs
- Partner with the recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience and strategic future focused hiring
- Work to influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization in sensitive situations without damaging relationships
- Function as the first point of contact for managers and employees for all HR matters; coach and support managers in a manner consistent with Convoy’s values
- Assess organizational needs and drive solutions in talent management, communication, training, diversity and inclusion, career and leadership development
- Support managers in handling conversations regarding career growth, performance management, compensation, and equity
- Review programs and policies for compliance with employment laws, regulations, policies, and best practices, and recommend modifications if appropriate
- Grow and take on increased scope of responsibilities, including management responsibility
- Deep knowledge of Human Resources practices and demonstrated success in providing solutions to leadership in a complex and fast moving environment
- Collaborate with and serve as a mentor to other members of the HRBP team at Convoy
We're looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner, ideally at a start-up or other fast-paced, high-growth matrixed environment
- College degree required, Masters degree preferred
- A collaborative, thoughtful HR leader who sees the big picture and is comfortable getting into the details
- Proven ability to influence at the executive level
- Impeccable judgement and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to distill insights from people analytics
- Demonstrated program management experience including frequent collaboration with other departments: Legal, IT, Workplace, Finance, and Recruiting.
- Built, implemented, and managed new people policies, processes and/or programs while advocating for the needs of your clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
- Commitment to continuous process improvement in people strategies and initiatives
Nice to haves:
- PHR, SHRM-CP
- People management experience
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!