Sr. Data Scientist
Convoy, recently awarded Geekwire’s “Start up of the Year”, is a rapidly growing company that uses algorithms to revolutionize the highly fragmented $800 Billion trucking industry. We’re employing human-in-the-loop ML to scale our manually driven components with personalization, precision, and economics to better understand and predict the marketplace, and hedge fund-like strategies to drive our pricing and bidding models.
At Convoy you will be expected to work autonomously and own your domain end-to-end. We are a highly aligned and loosely coupled team where we operate in a fast paced environment and pivot where needed to focus on what matters most. You will work with high signal-to-noise data to power your deep dive research, modeling, and experimentation projects. If you’re curious minded, love getting things done, and pushing the envelope of data science this is the place to be.
You have the following skills and experience:
- MS or PhD in economics/econometrics, statistics, computer science, operations research, a natural science or equivalent quantitative subject
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as R, Python, or Julia
- 5+ years of experience doing statistical modeling for analysis and/or prediction
- Intelligent but practical; you want to get things done and love simplicity
- Excellent presenter and writer
- You’re a leader and will speak up where needed
- You have a habit of bias-to-action
Nice to have:
- Experience with two-sided markets (platforms) and other economic theory
- Experience with human computation and human-in-the-loop ML frameworks
- Experience in bidding and pricing (e.g., quant experience)
- Experience designing machine learning solutions for a production environment
- Big data tools such as Spark, and/or Hadoop
- SQL fluency
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!