Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of via thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
As a Data Scientist you will research, design, and develop systems that can run predictive processes at scale, perform causal analysis of factors that affect the business through regression analysis and experimentation, and collaborate across the organization to lend analytical support to a variety of data problems. Expect to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where you can have a big impact and deploy your solutions quickly.
You will have ownership of:
- Using machine learning to model Convoy’s business problems, such as pricing or customer behavior.
- Performing causal analysis (regressions, experimental design & analysis) to understand how different business ‘levers’ affect shippers and carriers
- Solving economic/business problems such as optimization, bundling, pricing, strategy, and more!
- Providing data science advice across the organization
You have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with SQL and a scientific/statistical language such as R, Python, and/or Matlab
- 5+ years of experience doing pricing, choice analysis, ranking/relevancy problems, search optimization, etc.
- Strong math/data science background - MS or PhD in Economics/Econometrics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Math, a Natural Science or equivalent quantitative subject
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete analytical solutions using data
- Excellent communicator that can bridge between a wide range of stakeholders (product, engineering, sales, etc)
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Unix
- Big data tools such as Spark, and/or Hadoop
- Time Series forecasting (ARIMA, exponential smoothing, etc.)
- Experience with two-sided markets (platforms) and other Economic theory
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!