Manager, Training - Operations
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
As a manager of the Training Operations Team, you will oversee all new hire trainings, new process and product trainings, as well as ongoing trainings across all operational sites. You will partner with the trainers and stakeholders across Convoy to support business growth and ensure our operation teams consistently provide industry-leading service to all our customers and carriers.
- Build and execute a strategic plan for the training operations team including creating and defining KPIs and OKRs to support Convoy’s growth
- Lead a team of trainers that delivers high quality training through the most effective channel to ensure our operation teams are consistently up to date and providing our customers and carriers the best experience and service.
- Manage relationships and balance all training requests and effectively collaborate with stakeholders to provide trainings that support and align with Convoy Operations’ goals and priorities
- Measure, report, and analyze data to illustrate the impact and gaps on both learners and the business. Assess and prioritize new training and updates to existing training using the data you collect on learning gaps and program effectiveness.
- Articulate and define training team needs and oversee implementation and management of training platform and tools to effectively support and elevate trainings
- Travel both domestically and/or internationally 10-20% of the year
- Bachelor's degree or higher required
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience leading and delivering in person and online trainings
- Experience developing/deploying blended learning content at a global scale
- Experience building and growing strong internal and external relationships
- Experience with setting and meeting metrics and goals
- Ability to adapt well to a fast-paced environment with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Positive attitude and advocate of change/change management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills