Carrier Sales Specialist
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are eager to lead at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You are excited to build relationships with carriers and find contract freight opportunities that help them maintain high utilization and have reliable schedules. You are a problem solver and a generalist who hugs the line between sales and ops. You are good at process improvements and mitigating risk. You can think strategically and can also roll up your sleeves. You understand why Convoy is the future of freight and are excited to take us to the next level!
- Help grow our contract freight program and help carriers find long-term contract opportunities that meets their needs, while also improving service for our shippers
- Build relationships with carriers, source and vet bids for contract freight, ensure the contract is a great fit for carriers, and set up and manage contracts
- Partner with carriers to understand their needs and find great opportunities in our marketplace for them
- Proactively identify opportunities to grow volume with carriers, while also identifying risks to mitigate
- Identify opportunities to improve carrier experience
- Identify trends in data and analyze the root causes in order to recommend product changes or process improvements
- Troubleshoot logistical issues, identify root causes, and deploy corrective actions
- Support new geographic, program, and freight expansion initiatives
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree or 2+ years of operations or client facing experience; preferably in transportation
- Ability to effectively communicate and build trust with carriers
- Great written and cross-functional communication skills
- Ability to self motivate, think creatively, problem solve and manage multiple tasks while delivering results in a collaborative, start-up environment
- Ability to maneuver in ambiguous situations with frequent change and growth
- Experience in Excel, SQL, or startup/tech is a plus
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!