Workspace Services Lead
General & Administrative
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
We're looking for an experienced Workplace Services Lead to support our growing company. As a Workplace Services Lead you will be responsible for supporting the needs of employees within the company, as well as ensuring all aspects of the Seattle HQ are up to organizational standards. This role requires strong technical aptitude, enterprise support experience, and most of all, a strong customer-first attitude.
You will take ownership of:
- Establish and maintain positive work relationships between internal customers, closely partnered orgs, and management of all levels.
- Manage work orders to ensure Service Desk inquiries are responded to and resolved within published SLAs.
- Coordinate and oversee vendor-related service work, in accordance with organizational standards.
- Request proposals on work to be performed and coordinate with management for approval. Track ongoing work performed off-hours to completion.
- Assist Facilities team with large office moves and re-stacks.
- Assist with event setup and teardown.
- Develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions.
- Maintain and conduct periodic facility inspections and audits.
- Coordinate and purchase facilities related supplies to support departmental operations. Support inventory management system and protocols for ordering supplies.
- Requisition materials, supplies, parts, and tools and maintain control over their inventory, storage, and use.
- Regularly conduct facilities audits to record necessary facility maintenance in licensee and corporate stores.
- Set an example of attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
- Participates in construction projects as requested.
- Provide input and support for capital projects.
- Provides services as requested in the areas of mail services, reception, food or hospitality services.
- Knowledgeable in OSHA standards, local code compliance, ergonomic standards and safety issues.
- Acts as a liaison to property owner and/or landlord.
- Oversees first level of security including card access systems and video surveillance.
- Oversees workplace vendors in total or in part; security, engineering, janitorial/maintenance, cafeteria services.
You have the following skills and experience
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of construction terminology, i.e.; electrical, plumbing, HVAC, security, general construction services, etc.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and writing.
- Proficient in Gsuite applications and Jira service desk a plus.
- Experience working in a customer-facing environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in managing vendors and out-sourced relationships.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!