Senior Manager, IT Systems
Atlanta, Georgia /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As the Senior Manager of IT Systems of Convoy, you are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. As a lead on the IT team, you will play a critical role in managing systems for our entire company.
- Provide strategic vision for new and supported systems by creating roadmaps/value maps in partnership with business stakeholders and IT leadership.
- Use agile project methodologies such as short-cycle sprint planning and scrum to prioritize new and existing work to align with strategic vision and quarterly objectives.
- Provide technical oversight and management of the IT systems group including Identity (Okta), Endpoint management (JAMF & InTune), Security, Network (Cisco Meraki), and Collaboration (Zoom).
- Build a strong technical culture around our systems that emphasize technical excellence, rapid iteration, strong security, and frictionless user experiences
- Drive the continuous improvement of IT’s change and incident response processes.
- Identify opportunities for system optimization, redesign, or process improvement across all of Convoy’s technology solutions.
- Provide system engineering support across systems as needed.
We're looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in IT
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a team
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in vendor oversight and management
- Experience balancing competing project constraints including but not limited to scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, and risks in order to accommodate the needs of each user/customer
- Deep subject matter expertise with at least 3 of the following systems/applications: G Suite, Okta, Jamf, InTune, Cisco Meraki, Office 365, Azure AD, Zoom, Slack, Jira, AWS, Boomi, Workday
- Managed change management and incident response processes at scale.
- Been responsible for meeting compliance requirements such as SOX controls.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain complex systems to non-technical stakeholders.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!