Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
- Own the end to end payroll process and collaborate with accounting, finance, legal and human resources.
- Process accurate and timely on and off cycle payroll, as required, and ensure compliance with state and federal laws, policies and regulations.
- Process leaves, garnishments, benefits, 401(k) plans, stock options, etc. relate to payroll and our systems and perform audits in these areas as necessary.
- Be the main point of contact for employee questions related to payroll and create and maintain employee resources for payroll.
- Understand incentive compensation plans and calculations to ensure proper payroll processing.
- Register new local and state tax jurisdictions and partner with third party vendors to expand payroll internationally.
- Handle research, testing and resolution of payroll tax issues from the IRS, state or local tax jurisdictions.
- Review and verify quarterly and annual tax reconciliation reports.
- Complete the year end requirements including processing of W-2’s, annual reconciliations, form 1099 and review submission of wage data to state and local governments.
- Administer stock option activities as it relates to payroll.
- Contribute to the month end accounting process including daily, bi-weekly, and monthly payroll journal entries as needed and payroll and benefits related account reconciliations.
- Deliver audit support and ad hoc business data needs as requested.
- Assist IT with managing Workday integrations, configurations and upgrades as needed.
- Partner with other internal organizations to consult/advise on projects or initiatives that may affect payroll.
- Work with the Controller to develop proper internal control policies, procedures and documentation for compliance.
- Perform other ad hoc project-based activity as needed.
- Perform reconciliations as it relates to payroll, benefits, and others as needed.
- Understanding of tax reporting and payroll tax implications of incentive stock options and non-qualified stock options.
- Maintains knowledge of existing and new payroll related legislation; enforces adherence to requirements; advises management.
- Resolve time tracking issues with managers and employees.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of full payroll processing experience.
- Workday HRIS and payroll experience.
- Deep knowledge of payroll fundamentals and processes including federal and multi-state tax regulations.
- Adept in analysis of payroll data, process improvements, and quick thinking to meet deadlines
- Strong Excel skills and data driven.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and customer focused thought process.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks with hard deadlines.
- The ability to adapt well to a fast-paced environment with changing circumstances, directions and strategy.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!