Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
Machine learning is core to Convoy’s mission to automate the logistics industry. Today, we use machine learning to figure out freight prices, shipment relevance for carriers, auction bidding strategy, and other internal processes. However, we’ve only begun to scratch the surface of what’s possible and we’re looking for talented engineers who have a mix of core engineering and machine learning skills to join our team. If you have a strong track record of applying machine learning techniques to help solve real-world business problems, we would love to chat!
You will have ownership of:
- Engineering new features into our existing pricing and relevance models
- Exploring new pricing models to better predict the future
- Building out our machine learning infrastructure
- Training new automated agents to streamline operational processes
- Developing new bidding/auction models to bid on shipments
- Designing our experimentation framework
You have the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years of successfully applying machine learning to product/business problems
- Strong grasp of fundamental machine learning techniques
- General backend software engineering skills
- Experience writing and deploying production code
- Experience building and working with data pipelines
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse group of people. If you're a collaborative developer who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!