Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
You are a seasoned HR Business Partner (HRBP) who is eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. As a senior of the HRBP team, you'll bring your experience, mentorship, enthusiasm and the attitude necessary to get the job done!
You will take ownership of:
- Being a trusted advisor and strategic partner for Convoy’s Engineering and Product teams; working closely with senior leadership to develop plans and deliver solutions to help them align talent strategy with strategic business goals.
- Designing and executing core HR processes targeted to your designated business areas: recognition and rewards, onboarding, offboarding, performance management, employee relations, and people programs.
- Serving as the first point of contact for managers and employees for all HR matters; coach and support managers to handle employee issues in a manner consistent with Convoy’s values.
- Assessing organizational needs and drive solutions in performance management, communication, training, diversity and inclusion, career and leadership development.
- Supporting managers in handling conversations regarding career growth, performance management, compensation, and equity.
- Reviewing programs and policies for compliance with employment laws, regulations, policies, and best practices and recommend modifications if appropriate.
- Guiding management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 7+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner, ideally at a start-up or other fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- You index high on personal resilience and don't get flustered by change or undefined problems.
- Demonstrated experience managing the HR needs of 100+ person organizations.
- Working cross functionally with Recruiting, Finance, Legal, and other teams.
- Spearheading people initiatives, change management, and driving projects through completion.
Nice to have skills/experience:
- PHR, SHRM-CP
- People management experience
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you’re a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we’d love to hear from you!