Program Manager, Vendor Operations
Atlanta, Georgia /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
As part of the Vendor Operations team, you will be responsible for overseeing a select portfolio of outsourced tasks and managing the day to day operations of those tasks to meet and exceed account goals. You will also be responsible for driving overall programs and projects related to your portfolio of tasks to help the Vendor Operations team achieve departmental goals and improve efficiency. You are a strategic-thinker, problem-focused and efficiency-obsessed with a high sense of urgency to help Convoy scale.
- Increase efficiency and quality of outsourced teams through improvement of processes and product.
- Be the main point of contact for our outsourced teams and act as a liaison between Convoy’s internal teams and outsourced teams.
- Insure outsourced teams are hitting and exceeding goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in partnership with on-site managers.
- Program/project manage transition of tasks from other Operations teams and departments within Convoy to underlying teams, and partner with Vendor Manager to identify new tasks to transition.
- Partner with the Vendor Operations team to grow and scale the team.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- 5-7 years of experience with call/contact centers, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), or customer experience/customer success operations.
- Strong analytical skills; good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics with exceptional Excel skills.
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete systematic solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Proven results improving processes and identifying efficiencies and opportunities for automation.
- Positive attitude and advocate of change/change management.
- Ability to adapt well to a fast-paced environment with changing circumstances, directions and strategy.
Nice to haves:
- Startup experience is a strong plus
- SQL proficiency a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!