Senior Quality and Compliance Specialist
Seattle, Washington /
Compliance and Quality /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About Quality and Compliance:
Quality and Compliance is critical to Convoy's success and it plays a role in every Convoy operational team. The Q&C team’s role is to maintain and foster a high quality network of thousands of trucking companies, and to mitigate risk to Convoy and its customers. We provide analysis, research and guidance for Convoy as it expands into new geographies, services, and equipment types, and as trucking regulations change. The team comprises people from diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking, pulling from the transportation industry, software and retail. We hire people who fit the attributes and values that we hold in high regard such as creative problem solving, outcome orientation, customer service, humility, and great communication.
You thrive on solving problems and providing incredible service. Seeing tangible results from your hard work is important for you. You are a problem solver and a generalist who is equally as comfortable talking to a truck driver as you are analyzing trends in a spreadsheet. You are good at process improvement and cross team collaboration. You are a confident and skilled communicator. You understand why Convoy is the future of freight and are excited to take us to the next level!
- Communicate with carriers about their performance in Convoy’s network
- Drive process improvements to increase team efficiencies and improve customer service
- Provide support and guidance to internal operations and sales team members
- Research to provide regulatory and process guidance on new geographic, program & freight expansion initiatives
- Communicate with carriers about performance or safety concerns
- Respond to real-time load issues as they arise
- Support team experiments and initiatives
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree or (4+ years in the military)
- 1-3 years of operations, or client facing experience
- Good written and cross-functional communication skills
- A positive, tenacious and proactive attitude
- Logistics/Transportation experience a plus
- Excel or SQL experience a plus
- Startup or tech experience a plus
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!