Program Manager, Carrier Programs
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are a strategic, data-driven leader who can help your teams reach their full potential, and you are excited about finding new ways to help support rapid business growth. You’re results-oriented, both for the business and for your customers. You are ideally experienced in a marketplace business, familiar with the relationship between supply and demand. You’re great at experimenting with new solutions, assessing success, and choosing the right solutions for big investments.
- Partner with Sales, Demand, Carrier, Growth, Product and other functions to lead and support critical initiatives to help accelerate new business opportunities and ensure we are providing a great experience for our shippers and carriers
- Develop, lead, and implement new programs and ways of working to improve service, capacity, margin, and customer experience
- Participate in the development, implementation, and automation of critical business processes and solutions
- Ensure that we have engaged supply ready to service rapidly growing shipment volume across our network
- Design and launch experiments to test new levers for building supply and supporting market expansion
- Deploy strategic programs and tactics to support new revenue programs and expansion to new shipper segments
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years professional experience in operations, supply, logistics, or similar fields
- Experience leading teams and helping their employees reach their full potential
- The tenacity to roll up your sleeves and see ideas through implementation, supported by change management techniques, to drive sustainability
- Experience leading large programs from design through implementation is highly desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. You can synthesize data into recommendations for business strategy and tactics to a range of audience, including executive leadership
- Experience leveraging quantitative analysis and analytics to solve business problems
- Ability to collaborate and effectively partner across teams and functions
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!