Senior Product Marketing Manager
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team:
We think carriers and drivers are trucking awesome. They move our country forward and deserve more respect and appreciation than they receive today. We love solving problems to make life on the road hassle-free for drivers, maximizing earnings with full trucks on the lanes they like to run. We love rolling up our sleeves to get things done in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Our team’s goal is to build the most robust and engaged carrier base in the freight industry.
At the highest level, your mission in carrier marketing is to improve the lives of the more than two million US truck drivers. As a senior member of the carrier marketing team, you will be responsible for driving a broad range of customer outcomes across awareness, perception, understanding, and funnel conversion rates, all while playing a critical role in fueling the world’s leading digital freight network.
- Own naming, positioning, and messaging for Convoy’s carrier products, features, and programs
- Develop positioning and messaging for Convoy’s carrier products, features, and programs and manage work streams to ensure internal and external adoption
- Identify trends in the industry and Convoy’s data to craft storytelling that will resonate with press, customers, partners, and employees
- Support major narratives with robust, integrated go-to-market campaigns, managed across multiple Convoy teams, including PR, product management, digital marketing, sales, customer service, and operations
- Improve the effectiveness of key Convoy distribution channels, such as Convoy.com, the App Store, and Google Play, by crafting clear, consistent, and search-optimized messaging, and by designing and running experiments
- Design and manage customer surveys, and share findings with key Convoy stakeholders and leadership
- Share qualitative and quantitative customer insights with product management to help inform their product roadmaps
- Write content marketing to support messaging, including web pages, blogs, and in-product placements
We're looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of marketing experience, ideally in product marketing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including presenting, content development, and editing
- A proven track record of partnering with product management, influencing roadmaps, and bringing products to market
- The ability to use insights to develop solutions and compelling value propositions to solve customer pain points
- A history of running successful go-to-market (GTM) campaigns, integrated marketing, and launch plans for a variety of products, programs, or services
- A broad understanding of marketing and advertising levers and programs, spanning all channels, digital and physical
- The ability to mentally shift gears, from building an informed, high level strategy to diving into the details while executing at a high bar
- A successful track record of working cross functionally with a diverse stakeholder group (technical, creative, operational) and bringing out the best in others
- Experience working with tech companies is a plus
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!