Account Manager II
Seattle, Washington /
Account Management /
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. In partnership with sales and operations teams, the Enterprise Account Managers or Senior Enterprise Account Managers will run or help run strategic vision and execution within Convoy's largest customer accounts.
You will take ownership of:
- Achieving customer growth and retention objectives, including identifying expansion opportunities
- Driving revenue and growth with Convoy’s customers
- Developing and executing against strategic account plans for customers
- Analyzing customer data and sharing insights both internally and externally, as applicable
- Developing and distributing strategic customer reporting
- Leading account-based programs / project management initiatives
- Driving analysis. Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- Executing on shared account on-boarding process and framework with other key partners; including business development and operations
- Ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Operate across cross-functional teams to execute programs and deliver exceptional service.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years of account management experience
- Consistent track record of on-boarding, retaining and growing customers
- Exceptional Excel/Data management skills
- Strong operations or detailed account management experience (comfortable diving into the details)
- Demonstrated ability to build trust with both internal and external stakeholders
- Self directed and proactive approach to work - adept at working in highly dynamic environments
- Creative thinker able to develop new internal processes and to challenge our customers to think differently
Preferred Skills and Qualification:
- Transportation or other logistics industry experience a plus
- Technology industry and startup experience a plus
- SQL experience a plus
You will be evaluated on:
- Customer obsession - ability to listen and understand our customer’s business, partnering with them to deliver outstanding results
- Delivering results -- financial and KPI performance
- The ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions.
- A passion for innovation, problem solving, and constant change
- Effective communication - strong verbal, written, customer service, and social skills
- Self motivation and independent problem solving
- Data driven decision making
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!