Senior Data Scientist - Marketing
Seattle, Washington /
Data Science /
Who we are:
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. We offer the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through our network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies.
The Data Science team is at the core of Convoy’s business. We build the models that power freight pricing, shipment offer relevance, auction bidding strategy, and other core services. The breadth of the problems space is huge, spanning machine learning, optimization, metric definition, econometrics, and prediction domains. And we have only begun to dig into the difficult and diverse problems in our two-sided marketplace.
Who you are:
We are looking for experienced Data Scientists to work with Convoy’s Marketing organization. The Marketing organization is responsible for driving Convoy’s brand, thought-leadership, adoption, engagement, advocacy, across shippers, carriers, drivers, and partners. You will collaborate with leadership, Marketing Managers (Product/Digital/Communications), Research Scientists, Product Managers, and Engineers across Convoy.
You will be responsible for developing insights to drive decisions, building models (including LTV/CAC, attribution), analyzing experiments, developing ROI measurement and reporting frameworks for campaigns and other marketing efforts. This is a new role to support our growing marketing initiatives. Ideal candidates have experience delivering and enjoy working on high visibility and high impact projects.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience at top-tier companies in Consulting, Business Intelligence, Data Scientist, or Analytics roles
- Experience with LTV/CAC models, Marketing ROI and Performance management, Attribution models, digital and paid media analysis.
- SQL fluency
- ETL pipeline experience
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as Python or R
- Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions
- Strong communication and keen attention to detail
Nice to have skills:
- MS or PhD in economics, statistics, computer science, operations research, engineering, a natural science or equivalent quantitative subject
- Strong examples of your outputs influencing a marketing, product or engineering road-map
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. at our Seattle HQ.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!