Associate Corporate Counsel, Commercial Transaction Focus
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
We are looking for a talented Attorney to join our in-house legal team. You’ll work closely with our Legal team and throughout the company on various legal issues including drafting, negotiating, and redlining commercial transactions and on other legal projects. This is an opportunity to join a rocketship and make an impact from day one.
The Legal Department values diversity, equity, and inclusion and believes promoting these values is essential to a successful team and building a positive culture. We seek a candidate who shares in our priorities and actively believes in promoting these values in their work.
- Redline and negotiate services agreements;
- Draft and modify Convoy template agreements;
- Redline and negotiate vendor, consulting, and other agreements;
- Negotiate and redline NDAs;
- Assist with tracking transactional metrics and pulling together reports on contracts;
- Monitor changes in the industry and help to adapt Convoy’s processes and templates to reflect new legislation;
- Assist with other legal projects as needed
We’re looking for someone who has:
- You must have a J.D. degree, be a member in good standing of at least one State Bar and have experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Prior law firm & in-house legal experience
- 1-5 years of relevant experience drafting, negotiating, and redlining commercial transactions
Nice to haves:
- Preferred experience in the transportation industry
- Preferred experience in the technology industry
- Preferred experience in a start-up
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!