Senior Data Scientist - Operations
Seattle, Washington /
Data Science /
Who we are:
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. We offer the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through our network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. The Data Science team is at the core of Convoy’s business. We build the models that power freight pricing, shipment offer relevance, auction bidding strategy, and other core services. The breadth of the problems space is huge, spanning machine learning, optimization, metric definition, econometrics, and prediction domains. And we have only begun to dig into the difficult and diverse problems in our two-sided marketplace. At Convoy you will be expected to work autonomously and own your domain end-to-end. You will collaborate with Operations and other business leaders, research scientists, and product managers across the company. You will be responsible for defining core business logic in our data warehouse, developing insights to drive product decisions, and building data science models. This role sits at the intersection of data science and operations, on a team that leverages data insights to maximize the impact of our operations teams by defining key metrics, reporting on KPIs, developing optimal staffing models, and improving process through causal inference. Working closely with Product and Operations leaders, you’ll significantly influence our roadmap to deliver world class service to our customers as efficiently as possible.
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience in Consulting, Business Intelligence, Data Scientist, or Analytics roles
- SQL fluency
- ETL pipeline experience
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as R or Python
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete analytical solutions
- Strong communication and utmost attention to detail
- BS or MS in economics, statistics, computer science, operations research, engineering, a natural science or equivalent quantitative subject
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. at our Seattle HQ. Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!