Engineering Manager - Data Platform
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better. We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
The Data Platform team enables teams throughout Convoy to integrate data and analytics into their work in a robust and reliable manner. We support Convoy’s rapidly growing Data Science team by establishing best practices, developing tools, and building infrastructure that makes their work more robust, reliable, and easy to implement. We further empower users across Convoy to better make use of data and analytics by designing and maintaining centralized tools and data sources that they understand and trust. Convoy is experiencing significant growth, and we are looking for leaders to help us shepherd us through this phase of hyper-growth.
Now is the perfect time for you to come be a part of our high-caliber engineering team as we work to realize this massive vision.
Who you are:
- Ideal candidates will be driven, empathetic leaders with experience building and managing world-class teams of diverse engineers. They will also have a passion for understanding the needs of our customers, our business and our engineers, to determine the strategic path forward for our team. They will enjoy leading the careers of extraordinary software developers, collaborating with diverse stakeholders, and will bring a growth mindset and strong learning orientation. Additionally, they will be part of the engineering leadership team @ Convoy, and help shape the growth of the broader engineering organization.
You will own:
- Managing a software engineering team within Convoy’s Data Platform organization
- Developing and delivering on customer focused, high impact roadmap for your team that will delight customers
- Helping your team build and manage foundational frameworks, patterns, and technologies that help our company create the best app experiences at scale
- Contributing to a culture of technical excellence at Convoy
- Building trust with various stakeholders and tackle cross-org problems
- Mentoring and providing career growth for your engineers
You have the following experience:
- 4+ years managing software engineering teams that operate at scale
- Experience in data related technology, examples including database, data warehouse, distributed processing, machine learning platforms, and etc
- Excellent project management skills to help teams deliver on time
- Strong people management skills to recruit, manage and develop talent
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills to interface with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to create an inclusive environment to help all members on your team thrive.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!