Business Intelligence Analyst
Seattle, Washington /
Marketplace Growth /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
About the team:
The Marketplace Growth organization is a centralized team that optimizes across supply, demand, and operations to achieve company financial and growth goals through Market Development, Portfolio Management, Pricing, and novel Growth Programs. This role will be part of the Portfolio Management team within Marketplace Growth. The Portfolio Management team continually assesses the forward-looking risk and opportunity of Convoy’s portfolio of freight across a range of market scenarios, and turns those assessments into actionable recommendations and policy.The team drives Convoy towards vertical shipment, margin, portfolio risk, and network goals in partnership with cross functional teams.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join Convoy’s Marketplace Growth Org, with a focus on supporting our Portfolio Management function. You will partner closely with Portfolio Managers to analyze actions, create transparency, and generate strategic recommendations.
At Convoy you will be expected to work autonomously and own your domain end-to-end. You will collaborate with Data Scientists, Account Managers, Marketing, Engineers, and Product and Program Managers across the company. You will be responsible for defining core business logic in our data warehouse, using data to develop insights, answering strategic product questions, developing scalable and robust data visualizations, and more.
- Analyze actions and results stemming from portfolio actions to inform policy refinement
- Create transparency and accountability across Convoy’s marketplace through visualization of metrics
- Generate strategic recommendations, through dashboards, to maximize business outcomes and empower account managers to grow Convoy’s portfolio
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline, such as business, statistics, accounting, math, or economics.
- 1-2 years of experience in consulting, BI, strategy, or data analyst roles
- Strong analytical skills - good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, creating and implementing key business metrics, experienced with data warehouse infrastructure and building BI tables.
- Excellent skills in tools like SQL, Data Visualization, Excel or similar analytical tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Ability to break down high-level business problems into concrete analytical solutions
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with scientific/statistical languages such as Python or R
- Experience managing complex projects with an ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!