Associate Corporate Counsel
General & Administrative
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
We are looking for a talented Attorney to join our in-house legal team. You’ll work closely with our Legal team and throughout the company on employment law related matters. This is an opportunity to join a rocketship and make an impact from day one.
You will be responsible for a broad range of legal issues, including:
- Researching and monitoring employment law changes and assisting in adapting policies to reflect new legislation.
- Partnering on projects with HR and legal to refine employment policies and procedures.
- Assisting in advising the business on employee-related matters.
- Drafting and negotiating employment related contracts and other contracts with potential customers and vendors.
- Working on additional projects as needed.
You must have a J.D. degree, be a member in good standing of at least one State Bar and have significant experience and expertise in the following areas:
- 2-5 years of prior law firm &/or in-house legal experience.
- 3+yrs experience advising on employment related matters.
Experience in the following preferred Industries:
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!