Carrier Quality Program Manager
Compliance and Quality
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
About Quality and Compliance:
Quality and Compliance is critical to Convoy's success. The Q&C team maintains and fosters a safe and high-performing network of tens of thousands of trucking companies in order to mitigate risk and provide exceptional service to our customers. We provide analysis, research and guidance for Convoy as it expands into new geographies, services, and equipment types, and as trucking regulations change. The team comprises of people from diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking. We hire people who fit the attributes and values that we hold in high regard such as creative problem solving, outcome orientation, customer service, humility, trust, and great communication.
You have honed your customer empathy by driving user experience projects from incubation through expansion. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty to pilot solutions, but you’re also comfortable communicating with product and operations teams in order to scale it out. The role will primarily be focused on continuing to up-level the performance of our network of carriers (trucking companies), and will require you to break down large problems into concrete analytical solutions, test, iterate, and develop in depth plans to scale successful programs across operational and technical functions. Proven track record of incubating new initiatives preferred. Strong communication and the ability to influence across the company to scale solutions for our customers are a must.
You will have ownership of:
- Managing existing carrier evaluation and education programs, setting goals, defining metrics and executing to plan. Are we still thinking about carrier quality the right way? Are we still measuring the right behaviors?
- Experimenting with new programs that set our carriers up to grow their business with us. You will define the metrics and goals that drive program success and will be required to design and measure effective experiments.
- Build cross-company partnerships - You will work closely with our carrier experience, operations, marketing and other teams to identify and execute on long term innovation for our customers. You will be required to develop a broad understanding of the business in order to drive effective behaviors for all the different lines of business at Convoy.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience at top tier consulting firm, tech company, fortune 500, or logistics/transportation company.
- Project management, program management, or user researcher experience.
- Strong analytical skills – good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics.
- Superior organizational and time management skills; Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional with Excel/Data management tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!