Senior Manager, Process Design and Improvement
Seattle, Washington /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are a strong programmatic leader eager to build a process improvement team from the ground up. In partnership with Operations, Product, Data Science and Quality Assurance, you will be responsible for improving efficiency and service across our teams. You are a leader in your field, with expertise in a variety of continuous improvement methods, a strong analytical toolset, and experience working cross-functionally to solve problems with product and process changes. You thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, and are excited to help Convoy deliver best-in-class service as efficiently as possible. If you want to think big about optimizing operations, are passionate about data, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is the role for you!
- Build and lead a process improvement team of program managers, business analysts, and process engineers.
- Define and execute a strategy to reduce costs while delivering best-in-class service to shippers and carriers.
- Work cross-functionally to identify the biggest opportunities to reduce costs, root cause problems, identify data and forecasting needs, and implement product or process changes to fix them. Partner with other leaders to drive a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Provide functional leadership in a variety of process improvement and development techniques, program management, operational excellence, statistical tools, and problem solving.
- Define the metrics that will drive success and will be required to design and measure effective experiments.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Industrial Engineering, Operations, Business Administration or other quantitative field.
- 7+ years of experience in a process improvement role with at least 3 years of management experience.
- Experience building and scaling strategic and cross-functional teams from the ground up
- Expertise in a variety of process design and improvement techniques, including Lean and Six Sigma.
- Strong analytical skills – good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics; exceptional Excel skills; proficiency in SQL and some statistical tools strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
- Superior organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Preference for experience in operations or startup environment.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative recruiter who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!