Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Atlanta, Georgia /
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
You are a Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP) who is eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. As a senior member of the HRBP team, you'll bring your experience, mentorship, enthusiasm and the attitude necessary to get the job done!
- Being a trusted advisor and strategic partner for one or more of Convoy's teams; working closely with senior leadership to develop plans and deliver solutions to help them align talent strategy with strategic business goals
- Designing and executing core HR processes targeted to your designated business areas: recognition and rewards, onboarding, offboarding, performance management, employee relations, and people programs
- Serving as the first point of contact for managers and employees for all HR matters; coach and support managers to handle employee issues in a manner consistent with Convoy’s values
- Assessing organizational needs and drive solutions in performance management, communication, training, diversity and inclusion, career and leadership development
- Supporting managers in handling conversations regarding career growth, performance management, compensation, and equity
- Reviewing programs and policies for compliance with employment laws, regulations, policies, and best practices and recommend modifications if appropriate
- Guiding management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner, ideally at a start-up or other fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Demonstrated experience managing the HR needs of 100+ person organizations
- You index high on personal resilience and don't get flustered by change or undefined problems
- Working cross functionally with Recruiting, Finance, IT, Legal, and other teams
- Spearheading people initiatives, change management, and driving projects through completion
Nice to haves:
- PHR, SHRM-CP
- People management experience
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you’re a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we’d love to hear from you!